Chapter 36

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1618

~~♛~~

Lyra~

I couldn't believe my eyes as I turned to the sound of anger... the creature that appeared from the lake was furious. I hastily grabbed my Pokédex and checked the Pokémon, feeling uneasy at the sight of it.

"Gyarados; the Atrocious Pokémon. They say that during past wars, Gyarados would appear and leave blazing ruins in its wake. Once it appears, it goes on a rampage and remains enraged until it demolishes everything around it."

However, I've noticed that the Pokédex showed a picture of a blue Gyarados... why was this one red? Obviously, it was angry, disturbed even. It looked like it was in pain as well. A storm appeared, rain came pouring in; not even the Pokémon in the air could escape its wrath.

"What in the world..." I mumbled.

"Lyra, the local authorities are coming. I had a feeling you would be here and I couldn't find a way to slow them down. You guys have to leave before they get here..." Ethan warned, tugging my arm with a pleading look.

"Since when do we follow your orders? This is my business as well. Don't assume that you know everything," Silver retorted, butting in between Ethan and I.

"Listen—"

Suddenly, we were sirens from the distance, getting louder and louder. Soon, we saw police cars stopping metres from us. The policemen inside immediately rushed out of the vehicles, along with Officer Jenny from one of them.

She began commanding the officers to evacuate the townsfolk. After a few seconds or so, she noticed our presence—especially Silver's. Her eyes widened as she strutted towards us.

"You—I have many questions for you, sir! However, I cannot chitchat with you right now. Taming that Gyarados is our prime objective but that doesn't mean you're off the hook. Do not think of leaving this area until I say so!" she proclaimed, pointing her finger at Silver's direction.

"It's not like I would anyway..." Silver muttered before his eyes widened as well. He turned around, noticing that the officers were evacuating the people. However, I noticed it too.

The grunt from before was gone.

"Silver, please forget about that Team Rocket grunt! Right now, we should focus on the Red Gyarados," I protested before he could say anything.