Chapter 48

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1218

~~♛~~

Lyra~

After we found Marill, Silver and I began searching for the Gym. Thankfully, the Gym was the only building that looked fancier than the other buildings. There were small statues of a Dragon-Type Pokémon on top of two medium pillars in front of the entrance, both facing towards each other, which solidified our assumption.

We opened the gate and went through the entrance where we spotted Clair talking to someone in the hallway. I assumed it was an elder man that Clair knew personally—her mentor, perhaps? I wasn't sure, but she was standing politely, with both of her arms by her side and her chin up.

"—necessary for you to not underestimate fate at its greatest!"

"I understand, Grandfather. However, we don't have proof of such! Words are merely idioms of manipulation. For now, we must be patient and see if what they say is the truth," Clair responded to the Elder who happened to be her grandfather.

"So S was here..." Silver muttered.

I nodded. "It does appear that way."

"Do not be foolish, child. We must take their words seriously. Pay close attention in those trainers you've met; perhaps they have something you don't, but I fear the worst in the future from that entity's words," the Elder expressed his concerns.

"Then I shall prove their words wrong!" Clair exclaimed.

"Ignorance shall be your downfall, Clair. It's the only reason why Lance is threatened by the presence of challengers in the Pokémon League; so is the reason why claiming to be the 'best' is merely an illusion to keep you going forward," the Elder voiced in a calm tone, before looking over her shoulder and directly towards us.

Clair followed the Elder's gaze and noticed our presence.

"Ah, it's you two again. So I assume you found your Pokémon?" she asked.

"That's right. We're ready to challenge you for our next and final badge," I responded, gripping onto Silver's hand for comfort. He tightened his hold, reassuring me that he was still there. As I turned to the Elder, he simply nodded.

"I see the light in your eyes...—Lyra, was it? Perhaps you and the boy will show Clair what she's missing."

"I don't need to be taught anything," Clair stated firmly.