Chapter 8

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1329

~~♛~~

Lyra~

We knew what Kurt's motives were. Silver and I left the house and followed him.

Team Rocket... they are such bad people, cutting off Slowpoke Tails like that and just selling them...

I also remembered that when we were talking about Team Rocket, Silver was absolutely silent, and emotionless during the entire conversation. It made me wonder why, but I shouldn't question it.

Maybe Team Rocket did something bad to him, like steal his Pokémon.

We were heading to the well nearby, as that's the direction where Kurt went rushing out. Silver returned Totodile back into his Pokéball, and so did I with Bayleef, after I got the Egg back. I need to be careful with the Egg.

We saw that there was a ladder inside, leading us down to the bottom of the well. Surprisingly, there wasn't any water when I checked. Aren't all wells suppose to have water inside?

Silver went down the ladder first. Meanwhile, I decided to put the Egg back in the bag, so that I don't drop it while I go down the letter.

After Silver told me that he's down, I went down the ladder until my feet touched the ground. As I got off the ladder, I saw Kurt on his back, clearly in pain.

"Kurt!" I called out to him. "Are you okay?"

"Oh Lyra!" he sighed in relief. "I showed one of those punks what it's like to mess with an old man. But I accidentally fell into the well and injured my back. Rats! If only I was more fit..."

"Don't worry. We'll show those guys not to mess with us," I reassured him. I can feel Silver shrugging his shoulders from behind me.

We head inside the cave that's to the right of where we are. As we got inside, we started sprinting until we ran into a man wearing a black uniform, with a huge 'R' in the middle of his uniform.

"Hey! What are you two kids doing here!?" he questioned a bit harshly, sending out a Rattata in front of us.

"We're here to stop you from cutting more Slowpoke Tails. Go, Mareep!" I exclaimed, bringing out my Mareep.