Chapter 29

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1156

~~♛~~

Lyra~

The moment I woke up, I was startled to notice the presence of something on my lap.

In front of me was an unfamiliar Pokémon holding an apple in its claws. The Pokémon tilted its head and stared at me with suspicion and confusion. The frown on its face made me feel somewhat uncomfortable.

I grabbed my Pokédex that laid next to Togepi and checked it out. The Pokédex identified it as a "Sneasel" but before it could say any information, I felt the item being snatched from my hands. I looked over my shoulder and noticed Silver staring down at me while leaning on the same tree my back leaned on.

Glancing back at Sneasel, I noticed its expression softened as if it was happy to see Silver.

"He's giving you the apple," Silver muttered to me.

I turned back to Sneasel whose expression became neutral the moment I fully gazed at it. My hand reached out to grab the apple from its claws and brought it close to my face.

If Silver is reassuring me... then this should be fine, right?

Giving the apple one last glance, I closed my eyes and bit down. It tasted like a normal apple... I opened my eyes and noticed the bite mark that was carved on the apple.

It looked normal.

"Did you doubt the Sneasel?" Silver sighed.

"It's not that I was suspicious of it!" I exclaimed. "Is this your Sneasel, Silver?"

"Don't know," Silver replied nonchalantly, walking past me and behind Sneasel.

"This Sneasel was following us. I don't recall ever meeting it."

"But how is that possible...? It seemed like it felt comfortable with you," I muttered to myself.

The moment this Sneasel saw Silver, its eyes were jumping with happiness. There has to be some incident between the two. I glanced at Sneasel and saw a glimpse of guilt and sadness the moment Silver mentioned he didn't know Sneasel.

"I allowed it to join me, just to figure out how it relates to my past. My memories of the past is... fuzzy, as you know. It's probably filled with my weakness being shown," Silver responded rather bluntly.