Chapter 49

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia, Pokémon Episode 252

Number of Words: 1677

~~♛~~

Lyra~

In the end, Silver was victorious. Feraligatr was on one knee, mustering up the rest of his strength to stand. Dragonite laid on its back, completely exhausted with damage marks all over its body, though Feraligatr was in a similar condition.

I glanced up at Clair, who stood motionless as she stared at the two Pokémon on the battlefield, with a tear slipping down from her eye.

Silver was breathing heavily, after encouraging the Water Pokémon to continue fighting until the end. I noticed the changes within Silver, from the way he battled brutally to using his bond with Feraligatr; I wanted to tell Bugsy everything.

The elder that stood beside me clapped his hands, which disrupted Clair in her stasis and caused me and Silver to turn towards him.

"A battle of two sheer but virtuous wills... Clair, now do you see why we must put our faith in these two? The entity had spoken truths to us."

I noticed how Clair's body trembled as the Elder spoke, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists.

"I... I refuse to accept this! That's not right! He, of all people, doesn't deserve the badge!" Clair exclaimed.

"Clair! Do not make me tell Lance this! These folks went through all the trouble in this entity's game of chess and you shall accept your defeat with honour!"

"It also mentioned his darkness! How could you expect us to trust him when he will ruin us in the end!?"

I was stunned at her exclamation. Wasn't it only Silver slipping into his darkness? 'Ruin us in the end...' Does that mean Silver's going to do something bad to the world?

My eyes immediately glanced at Silver, but Feraligatr stood in front of him. Silver's back was towards me but from the way he patted Feraligatr's back, I couldn't believe her words, especially when I'm seeing him slowly opening up to his Pokémon.

I won't let him slip back into his hole when he came this far, regardless of the countless times he pushed me back. If Clair said he'll do something bad, I'll stop him and show him the light again. I'll free him from his darkness, the one consuming him by the rumours from others.