Chapter 42

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1151

~~♛~~

Lyra~

I've had this feeling before... where my head had this pounding sensation, while my eyes were closed shut.

Why did I ended up like this a lot? Back then, I would always sleep for around nine to ten hours total—sometimes even longer. Maybe the fact I slept later than my usual time is the reason why I felt tired at random times.

But this feeling wasn't going away... I placed my forearm on top of my forehead, in hopes to suppress the pain that came along with the pounding feeling. My body tossed and turned until I gave up and opened my eyes. As I got up to a sitting position, the pain became more intense.

As I hastily tucked my body and placed my head on my knees, with my hands gripping my hair, I noticed a figure placed something beside me. It was a small container filled with light pink pills. The one who placed the container beside me was Sneasel, who stared at me with his usual expression.

"Are these for me?" I asked, ignoring the slight hoarse tone my voice had.

Sneasel nodded before he scampered off and returned with a bottle of water from my bag. I took a few gulps of water before swallowing a couple of pills. After closing the two containers, I glanced around the room I was in.

The floor and walls visually looked plain, like a hospital—obviously I'm inside a Pokémon Center; specifically, I was in one of the lodging areas.

I turned to search for Silver, where I noticed him sitting with one leg on the window ledge and the other resting over the edge, staring off into the distance outside. I used the strength I had to get off the bed and get closer to him. Once I'm on my two feet, Sneasel dashed ahead to rest on Silver's lap.

"Hey..." I greeted him, placing my hand on the opposite side of the window.

Silver turned his head to face me. "Are you planning on getting sick again in the future?"

"I can't guarantee that..." I replied with a nervous chuckle.

Silver sighed. "Lance pitched in earlier. Tomorrow, we're going to battle the Mahogany Town's Gym Leader, first thing in the morning. Be prepared."

I nodded, proceeding to stare off into the distance as well. For around a few minutes, it was just silence—to be honest, it was a very peaceful silence. My mouth curved into a smile, as I rested my head against the side of the window.

A shooting star passed by. I closed my eyes and made a wish, silently in my head. Once I did, I locked in within the depths of my heart, hoping it will come true.

'Let moments like these last forever, beyond the days shall we both cease to exist in this world.'

• ᴘ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ •

Silver and I woke up early, with the help of Sneasel, and exited the Pokémon Center. We were heading to the Mahogany Gym, where Silver passed me a jacket given to him by Nurse Joy. I was a bit skeptical, but I didn't complain and silently wore the jacket.

The size was a bit large for me—it reached just above my knees—but at least it was comfortable. There was a thin layer of fur on the inner part of this red jacket. Silver's jacket was navy blue but I had no clue what's inside the jacket itself. However, Silver looked comfortable as well as wearing it.

And how thankful I was to do what Silver suggested; the moment I walked into the Gym, I was greeted by the feeling of being an icicle. The room was filled with so much ice, covering the place from head to toe. Silver warned me not to slip, as we approached a metal door that was ten metres away from us.

After we opened the door, we noticed a room that had even more ice—there was even an icy battlefield. A man was standing where our usual opponents would stand. He was old—probably over 50 years at least—and stood with the support of a cane he had.

The man first eyed me for a sharp second before averting to Silver. He blinked for a bit—what's with people recognizing Silver the moment they see him? However, this time it was different. The old man sighed as if his view on Silver was with the feeling of regret.

I noticed Silver who raised his eyebrow, clearly not getting what the man was implementing. Silver didn't appear to know him as well. I was probably stating the obvious, but there really were a lot of things Silver couldn't recall.

He knew who his father was, and a small bit of his past—that was it.

The old man raised his head and nodded towards our direction, projecting his voice so that it was loud and clear.

"That kid wasn't kidding, huh... Very well, I—Pryce, the Winter Trainer—will demonstrate the power of a Gym Leader."

"Fine by me," Silver replied, taking out a Pokéball from his pocket.

As Silver headed to where we were supposed to stand, I sighed and proceeded to do the same. I glanced at the ice which dominated the battlefield... I don't really think Bayleef will enjoy it. However, I felt that it was time for Vulpix to have a taste of what a battle was.

Determined, I reached into my bag to grab her Pokéball and tossing it into the air—Silver did exactly that as well. As Vulpix stood on the icy battlefield, Silver's Kadabra also accompanied the Fox Pokémon, standing side by side as a Piloswine was the first to appear from Pryce.

~~♛~~

A somewhat short chapter; shorter than my usual ones, I guess. My bad, I didn't realize that I haven't updated in like a month. Stuff happened, like a lot of stuff happened.

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~