Chapter 19

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1426

~~♛~~

Lyra~

It turned out the strange tree which supposedly stood on Route 36 was no longer there, making me believe someone had caught it. However, I wasn't too worried about that strange tree. I wanted to head to the next city, and there was now a clear path to that 'next city'.

Silver and I continued heading north where we battled a few trainers before entering Ecruteak City.

Along the way, I barely saw the harsh Silver that I was used to seeing; rather, he didn't speak as often as he did before. I understood that Silver wasn't much of a talker but I started to miss his voice the longer he remains silent.

When we arrived to the city, I made sure to check in with Nurse Joy so that our Pokémon were fully healed. After that, I managed to convince Silver to explore the city a bit, even when I look up to the orange sky, with hints of the colour indigo, noting that it was currently the evening. The breeze was getting cooler as well...

As I continued to explore the city, I suddenly heard a familiar cry.

Togepi...!

Grabbing Silver's hand, I ran towards the sound's direction, as Bayleef hustled along with me. I began looking around worryingly, trying to spot the baby Pokémon. When I reached where Togepi was, I saw a Pokémon in front of it.

Togepi looked like she had fallen, which must've been because of bumping into another Pokémon. I lifted Togepi in my arm, who wasn't crying at all but instead was staring at the Pokémon in front of us. I took out my Pokédex, in order to find out what Pokémon Togepi bumped into.

"Umbreon; the Moonlight Pokémon. The rings on its body will glow when darkness falls, striking fear into the hearts of anyone nearby. When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores."

"Umbreon! There you are!" a voice cried out.

I looked up from the Pokédex and noticed a beautiful woman with dark magenta hair running towards us. The Pokémon, Umbreon, turned its head around after hearing her voice and began sprinting towards her. The woman responded by ceasing her steps and crouching down to its level.

"O-oh! Hello there. I hope my Umbreon didn't do anything bad to you folks," she said, looking up to be after she had patted Umbreon on the head.