Chapter 12

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1753

~~♛~~

Lyra~

The sudden light blinded us for a bit but once we opened our eyes, we stared at the form of life that cradled in my arms. A Pokémon, to be precise—at least, from the way it appeared. It was so cute and tiny~.

The Pokémon I held was sleeping peacefully. As if she had read my next thoughts, Bayleef grabbed the Pokédex from my bag with one vine and opening it with another vine

"Togepi; the Spike Ball Pokémon. The shell seems to be filled with joy and Togepi will share good luck to those who treat it kindly. A proverb claims that happiness will come to anyone who can make a sleeping Togepi stand up."

After the Pokédex said those words, Togepi opened its eyes and stared at me before turning to Silver. Speaking of him, Silver stood behind me and tilted his head down to stare at the baby Pokémon I held. Togepi smiled in our direction, which I couldn't help but smile back.

I raised it high into the air and greeted it cheerfully.

"Hi, Togepi! We're your new friends!"

Togepi cried out happily in response. I beamed in a jovial tone and spun in a circle with Togepi in my arms, ignoring the fact Silver was staring at me doing so. I didn't know what he did as I cheered at the sight of Togepi.

"Welcome to the team, Togepi!" I exclaimed happily.

Togepi smiled and let out more cries full of happiness.

"So Silver, is this Togepi a male or female?" I asked, holding my excitement in and turning to Silver for answers.

"I don't know. There's no difference between the two genders, besides the fact Togepi is more commonly male. Just call it a female and get moving. I don't like this forest for some reason..." Silver responded, turning to my far left for a second before he started to walk away.

While I held Togepi in my arms, I ran to catch up to him. It was always me catching up to him. He was always in a hurry—I don't blame him, to be honest. Togepi began to fall asleep and she looked very comfortable in my arms. Bayleef placed the Pokédex back in my bag and retracted her vines.

She continued to walk beside me, just like Professor Elm wanted—wait a minute...

Oh right! I was supposed to let Professor Elm know about the Pokémon that hatched from the Egg.

I called out to Silver to wait for a minute, in which he responded with an exasperated groan. He just really didn't like this forest... I grabbed my Pokégear with one hand and dialed the professor's numbers while carrying Togepi with my other arm. As I did so, Silver was staring into the distance.