Chapter 2

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1924

~~♛~~

Lyra~

I have to get back to the professor's lab. His voice sounded extremely distressed. I wonder what happened.

Alright, Chikorita and I managed to get back to Cherrygrove City. Professor Elm's lab should be to the west, right? As we head west to Route 29, I suddenly ran into a body.

I fell back, so did the other guy. My head suddenly aches. As I get up and looked at who I bumped into, I recognized him as the red-haired guy from the lab.

He groans and looks up. "Oh no, it's you again."

"I-I'm sorry for bumping into you," I quickly apologized. His gaze was now towards Chikorita.

"... You got a Pokémon from the lab, huh. What a waste. That Pokémon is too good for a novice like you."

"What does that mean!?" I asked, getting a bit angrier.

"Whatever, I also got a good Pokémon. I'll show you what I mean," he declared.

Chikorita and I got ready for our first Pokémon battle. The boy threw out a Pokéball, with a Totodile coming out.

"That's a Pokémon from the professor's lab..." I mumbled. I brought out my Pokédex.

"Totodile; the Big Jaw Pokémon. Its well-developed jaws are powerful and capable of crushing anything; even their trainers must be careful. It is small but rough and tough, and won't hesitate to bite anything that moves."

A Totodile... Could it be that Professor Elm's urgent distress involves this Totodile?

"Okay Chikorita, you're up!" I called. Chikorita scampered and stood in front of Totodile.

But something suddenly came up; he's right. I have no experience in Pokémon battles like this.

"Totodile, use Scratch!" Before I know it, Totodile was in front of Chikorita and did a slashing movement, causing Chikorita to stumble back.

What do I do?

"Totodile! Continue using Scratch!" Totodile suddenly did a barrage of Scratches towards Chikorita.