Chapter 21

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1523

~~♛~~

Silver~

This girl was more dense than I thought, compared to my first impressions of her. She was trying to save an empty Pokéball while being exposed to that powerful Flamethrower attack... perhaps she wasn't smart enough to know there wasn't a Pokémon inside. I held my breath after I saw her fall with fire catching onto her clothes.

She could've died, and I was not going to die today, not until I know what truly happened to that man who was my father.

S... who was that bastard? How did he get one of my father's inventions? Was he a member of Team Rocket as well?

Lyra's breaths became more audible and so I checked on her, realizing she was finally asleep. I got off my seat and removed the ice off her arm before tucking her in. She had to survive; I needed her to survive.

"And you didn't even know that the Pokéball you were trying to save had no Pokémon inside... Don't expect kindness to be the answer to everything. Sometimes, the best way to get something is to be someone you don't want to be."

My ear picked up some chattering outside. I took a peak from my spot and saw a pack of people in the city. There were all smiling, laughing... cheering. That kind of stuff irritated me but I could see why someone like Lyra would want to go.

'She's probably going to cry about it,' I sighed.

I grabbed my Pokéball and one of Lyra's Pokéballs, bring the two Pokémon I knew could do me a few favours. Abra was the first to appear, just before Bayleef who looked at me with confusion. Later, she noticed Lyra's condition.

"Get some stuff from the festival and bring them back here," I instructed him.

The moment I told him, Abra instantly teleported away but Bayleef stayed behind, staring at Lyra with concern. I practically groaned as I watch the mutual feeling they had for each other known as friendship.

I saw it as weakness. What will kindness do to get a Pokémon be stronger? I guess some Pokémon required it but not all. You need to train to become stronger. Kindness will get you nowhere. To me, it was useless.

"Shouldn't you be more concerned about her happiness rather than her condition? She's only burnt," I told her.

I managed to catch a glimpse of relief in her eyes, causing a surge of distaste to seep into my head. To be honest, it's better if I say I'm not too comfortable with all this kindness stuff. After hearing my response, Bayleef brought out her vines and open the door behind her.