Chapter 17

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1053

~~♛~~

Lyra~ 

We managed to achieve our victory after the battle with Whitney. She was really upset that she lost but that didn't change the fact she was a Gym Leader. After the battle, Silver returned Croconaw in his Pokéball and proceeded to leave the building, with me following behind him.

Before we exited through the door, a lady stopped us and gave us the Plain Badge. I thanked her as I quickly caught up to Silver's pace. Perhaps he was uncomfortable here. The place does seem a bit... girly. It must not be Silver's taste.

So far, I was glad that Silver didn't go bad during our battle with Whitney. Slowly, but surely, things will be alright. I'm sure of it.

As we left the Goldenrod Gym, we avoided the Team Rocket members lurking around the streets. Silver must've been convinced by the letter to not engage them into a fight. I spotted a flower shop nearby and tugged his arm.

Silver turned towards where I was looking at and quietly groaned, but enough for me to hear.

"Why do you want to go there?" he grumbled.

"Come on, Silver. It can't be that bad," I responded, grabbing his hand and started dragging him to the flower shop.

We entered the flower shop and my eyes began glimmering, glancing at the many flowers inside the building. I was in awe. There were only a few people inside but that's alright.

I'm sure no one will recognize Silver since, in a way, he's technically still wanted by the police.

Silver was looking at the other side of the place while I stare at the roses in front of me. As I did that, a lady came up to me.

"You seem to like the roses a lot?" she told me.

I shifted my face to face her. "Yeah. They're very pretty."

"Come with me for a second," she encouraged me. I complied out of curiosity.

The lady took me to these beautiful pink flowers in the eastern part of the shop. I stared at them even more with a surprised reaction. There were flowers like these?

"These are called Gracideas. Normally, people give them to others as a sense of gratitude," she informed me.

"Why is that so?" I asked curiously.

"Well, these flowers appears on a Sinnoh Pokémon called Shaymin and as Shaymin is the Gratitude Pokémon, it's only natural that these flowers represent gratitude."

As we kept discussing about flowers, I managed to hear a few people talk, near the corner of the store, about something in Route 36.

"Have you heard of that Pokémon blocking the path to Ecruteak City?" one of them said.

"Yeah, and it's such a hassle to find another route to the city. I need to beat Morty and get the badge there," another said.

The lady sighed beside me. "That strange Pokémon that appears as a tree... it's quite a topic for trainers to groan at. I heard that if you water it, the tree will start to dance..."

"That sounds quite strange," I commented.

"It sure is, but I'm sure someone will have it move eventually."

And after that part of discussing, Silver gestured me to leave the shop, noting how long I've been inside. I nodded my head silently and said goodbye to the lady. But as I left the door, I thought that I heard the lady say something else.

"...I wonder if she got the letter..."

But I'm sure that was just my imagination.

Togepi was sleeping within my arms. I slightly tightened my grip to make sure I don't drop her. Around a minute earlier, she had awoken due to the smell of the flowers.

Silver and I started to head to Route 35, and as we did so, the thoughts of the Pokémon Shaymin plagued my thoughts. Sinnoh, huh? I wonder what it's like there.

"Hey Silver?" I called out to him.

Only his eyes moved. The rest of his body continued to move forward. I just followed him while I ask him a question that's been in my head for a bit.

"If we ever have the time, do you want to visit Sinnoh together?"

Together... it was the word that stood out the most, especially when it comes to Silver, in that sentence. My heart was clenching, realizing a possible answer Silver might say to me. That all he wanted was to get rid of the bracelet, he might not see my sense of enjoyment.

But it didn't hurt to ask. I would never know if I didn't hear it from him, regardless if it hurts. However, what he said after my question surprised me.

"We'll see. Only time will tell."

I saw Togepi smile at Silver happily before looking up to me with a separate smile. Deep down, I was relieved that Silver didn't snap back at me.

Looking at the ground, I smiled happily. As time went by, from when I first met him near the professor's lab to now, I realized something...

That I am really comfortable when I'm by Silver's side. And I hope that comfort lasts for a while.

~~♛~~

So I'm editing the "odd tree' moment on Route 36 out; since it won't fit with the rest of the story. That's means neither Lyra or Silver will have the "odd tree" as one of their Pokémon companion.

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~