Chapter 4

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1958

~~~~

Lyra~

Since I was a bit inexperienced in battling, Silver showed Chikorita and I how battles worked. Chikorita learned Razor Leaf and I slowly got used to battle. We were making small improvements, little by little.

Actually, before we arrived at the next city, Silver wanted to stop by a cave nearby. He caught a Zubat while he was in there. From the way he had Totodile attack it and how he caught the Zubat without much trouble, I wondered if he was very experienced in that field.

However, I had my doubts, especially of the way he battled.

Silver also took a bit of his time to teach me how to catch a Pokémon. To make an effective capture, I have to weaken the Pokémon before tossing a Pokéball at them. It sounded a bit strange, but I believed him after he caught the Zubat.

We were in Violet City at the moment and I convinced Silver to take our Pokémon to the Pokémon Center to heal our Pokémon.

I recalled the letter we received from the man in Cherrygrove City. Silver told me to keep a close eye on anyone that seemed suspicious. However, everyone looked normal... How was I supposed to help him...

It made me feel a bit useless.

We were looking for someone who probably had S's next letter. He did say someone had a letter that would help us. I was sure whatever the letter entails important stuff that we needed to know.

Anyways, Nurse Joy arrived with our Pokéballs in hand. She healed our Pokémon quickly, which was nice but also amazing. I thanked her and took the Pokeballs from her hands.

"No problem, at all. Have a nice day," Nurse Joy replied.

"You too," I responded. After Silver noticed I had our Pokéballs, we exited the Pokémon Center together. I handed him Totodile and Zubat's Pokéballs and, just as we were about to head to the Gym, a male child stood in front of us and stared at Chikorita with curiosity in his eyes.

"That's a cool Pokémon you have, mister," the kid said, facing directly towards Silver.

Silver brushed the kid's compliment off with a shrug, knowing that Chikorita was my Pokémon and not his. He didn't bother telling him. I didn't mind, as I witnessed the pure innocence of a child.