Chapter 6

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1443

~~♛~~

Lyra~

I've always had that dream of living an awesome life as the champion of Johto. But even if I still had that dream, I still need to face the harsh reality. All dreams end... when the dreamer awakes.

So if I opened my eyes, would I stop dreaming of that dream?

Even then, would I have the courage of continuing that dream when practically my life is at the end of a ball made of string? Quitters quit, but was I one of them?

Slowly, I opened my eyes, welcoming the light of day. I found myself leaning against the trunk of a tree, with a jacket wrapped around my upper body.

This jacket... belongs to Silver.

I still had the Egg wrapped around my arms, with no cracks or anything. My eyes wandered and saw Silver nearby, appearing to be training his Gastly and Zubat. They both looked fine, but I can tell this must've been happening for a while.

Sighing, I took out my Pokégear to check on the time. At this moment, it was a quarter past eight in the morning.

As if he heard my sigh earlier, Silver returns his Pokémon back in their Pokéballs before making his way towards me.

"Are you done using my jacket?" he questioned bluntly.

Remembering the jacket that hugged my body brought a tint of red on my cheeks. I quickly took it off and returned it to him. He roughly grabbed it back and wears it, covering the black t-shirt he wore inside.

I was slightly curious as to why he gave me that jacket anyway if he's just going to handle it roughly like that. Also, did he get any sleep? Wouldn't he get cold as well?

I didn't notice how long I was thinking, as he suddenly grabs my arm, hauling me up onto my feet. "You're done sleeping, right? So let's go."

"A-alright..." I reluctantly replied.

His hand lowered itself and clasped my hand. Our fingers weren't intertwined, but this alone made me blush once more. But of course, I shouldn't think about affection.

In Silver's dictionary, affection was not a word.

My mind drifted to the badge we won. I remember that I wanted to ask him if he had a badge case of some sort, in order to put the badge Falkner gave me for safekeeping.