Chapter 40

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1392

~~♛~~

Lyra~

We found Ethan badly bruised and exhausted. Typhlosion was using its strength to assist Ethan and attempt to find us at the same time. Ethan's arm was around Typhlosion's shoulders as the fire Pokemon held his hand to prevent him from falling while using its other arm to keep Ethan steady.

Lance and I were startled at his condition, as Lance took out a few pieces of tissue to stop Ethan's nose from bleeding. His eyes were closed shut, which visibly showed his exhaustion. I noticed Silver gesturing Typhlosion to allow Ethan to lean against the wall until he wakes up.

After Typhlosion settled Ethan down against the wall, Silver sat down next to Ethan and examined his state. After a few seconds, he grabbed Ethan's arm and noticed strange bruise marks that were turning purple.

"So this was intentional," Lance concluded for Silver, with the latter nodding his head.

I was disgusted to learn that. What did Ethan even do besides breaking into this lair with us? I had a sinking feeling that this is what Team Rocket was willing to do, in order to get what they want. I recalled Ariana's words... she knew he was here... so was she responsible for all of those bruises on Ethan's body?

"Look, he's waking up," Silver noted, as Ethan's eyes squeezed shut for a few seconds before he slowly opened his eyes.

"Ethan? What happened?" I asked.

Ethan let out a breath before speaking in a shaky voice. "Found one of their leaders... it's someone named Petrel... H-he had purple hair and was disguised as someone I didn't know..."

Ah... so it wasn't Ariana. However, it didn't help the fact there were people as cruel as this 'Petrel' in Team Rocket.

"We're glad you're alright. You have a lot of bruises on your body, which should be checked by Nurse Joy. Don't push yourself, but could you try and tell us what exactly happened?" Lance questioned.

Ethan let out a huff in disappointment, averting his attention to Silver.

"I'm weak, aren't I—go and say it!... He knew I would be provoked so easily, and I was stupid to have fallen for that. I saw you and Lyra heading into the control room—Petrel showed me... There was a bomb inside and I was scared—scared that Lyra was going to get hurt..."