Chapter 14

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1214

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"Um... Excuse me?" I called out to her.

"Is something wrong, dear?" The Daycare Lady asked, her voice filled with concern, as she tilts her head to the side.

"Do you know where Togepi is... and Bayleef?" I asked her.

"Oh, no worries, sweetheart. My husband is taking care of them right now," she reassured me.

I sighed in relief. Togepi had just hatched yesterday. Of course, it would be natural for me to worry about Togepi getting hurt. She's just a baby...

She got up on her feet to fetch her husband. I didn't need to look behind me to know that Silver's standing right there. Actually, what surprised me was that he managed to enter without creating a sound. Is that possible?

My eyes dropped to my hands that were clasped together. Silver brought me here, and I knew he could've just dragged me to Goldenrod City just like that. A sense of relief washed through my face.

And for that, my lips curved slightly.

"Thanks, Silver," I thanked him quietly, but loud enough for him to hear.

No response, but I knew that Silver heard me. I could practically feel his shrug, and that was enough for me.

After a minute or so, The Daycare Lady came back with Togepi sleeping in her arms. I felt more relieved that Togepi was alright. She placed Togepi in my arms carefully.

I felt a spread of warmth disperse through my arms.

I realized we overused our time here, so Silver and I decided to leave and head to the next city. Apparently, Goldenrod City wasn't too far from here which means it would take us less than half an hour to get there.

I secured my hold on Togepi, as Silver and I continued walking north to Goldenrod City. My eye caught a couple of trainers having a battle, but I think it's for the best if we avoid trainers for a bit.

Our main priority is to get the badge from the next gym.

We reached Goldenrod City but the first things we saw were the things we weren't expected. My body stiffened as flashbacks began appearing. Silver grabbed my upper arm, being aware of Togepi, and scurrying us to hide behind the building. I glanced at the people walking around, over my shoulder.