Chapter 37

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia, Pokémon Generations: Episode 4

Number of Words: 1228

~~♛~~

Lyra~

In the end, we managed to head back to Mahogany Town. Ethan went ahead of us to the Pokémon Center. When Silver and I attempted to leave the lake, I noticed how Officer Jenny didn't make any attempts to stop us. When I turned around for a small glance, I noticed she wasn't even watching us leave. Instead, she was staring aimlessly at the lake.

Even when the other officers attempted to speak to her, she stayed completely still, not even shaking her head once.

Silver and I followed Ethan back to Mahogany Town. However, instead of following Ethan to the Pokémon Center, Silver stopped me and began staring at a small shop nearby. In less than a second, Sneasel covered his ears with his claws while glaring with an annoyed expression at the shop itself.

"What's wrong, Sneasel?" I asked.

"I'm going to assume Sneasel doesn't like what he hears," Silver commented. When I glanced at Bayleef, I noticed a similar discomfort written on her face. Concerned, I decided to return her back to her Pokéball. However, Silver made no effort to do what I just did.

"Silver, shouldn't you return Sneasel back into his Pokéball?"

When I asked Silver about that, he quickly examined Sneasel's facial expression before shaking his head. "Even if I were to do that, the sound will not go away. It's pointless without finding the source, and I know Sneasel can help."

"So is the source coming from the shop he's glaring at?"

"Probably; most likely. Let's go then," Silver suggested, leading the way as we head to the shop Sneasel couldn't stop staring at.

It looked pretty normal—well besides the sign that stated "Just a Souvenir Shop"—at first glance. When we entered the shop, we noticed two people talking among themselves behind the counter. When I glanced at Sneasel, he continued to shield his ears, while I noticed his gaze wavering.

After a few seconds, the two people inside the shop noticed our presence—they were mainly surprised at Silver's appearance more than mine. Immediately, I knew they were Team Rocket or something that was connected to them. Silver raised his brow at the men's baffled expressions, crossing his arms in an intimidating posture.