Chapter 59

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc.)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 2189

~~♛~~

Silver~

People began surrounding the body that had fallen from the building floor. They screamed with horror and despair at the sight, as mothers covered their children's eyes and some yelling for the police or Nurse Joy.

I once again dropped to the floor, realizing my actions.

'Lyra won't forgive me for killing someone,' I thought—no... Lyra was dead. I killed Archer in an act of vengeance, yet how come I imagined Lyra feeling sad, screaming and crying at the sight like the others? Why could I imagine she would never forgive me?

I heard footsteps behind me, to notice the two grunts appearing at both sides.

"Sir, are you alright?" the male grunt—Carl—asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

Sham approached the edge of the broken panel to stare at the scene in front of her. "What a commotion that's happening down there."

"Please forgive us, sir, but... Sham and I have heard the conversation between you and Executive Arch—"

"Don't speak his name," I responded with a voice laced with venom. Hearing that name makes me sick.

"My apologies, but we heard the conversation you had.  Don't worry, we will not breathe a word about it," Carl replied.

"Not a word to Green," I muttered, quietly but loud enough for them to hear.

Sham approached me and along with Carl helped me up onto my feet. Carl adjusted his upper body to accommodate my weight, especially how I wasn't willing to get up in the first place. As they did so, my chest felt heavy again, recalling the time I had carried Lyra on my back.

"Sir, what is your next command? To destroy or rebuild this organization, or to further seek out your revenge; we will follow you wherever you go," Sham asked.

"Why are you guys following me in the first place?"

I had asked the question that left me skeptical of their intentions. They had begged for their lives but I don't think that's the reason. For some reason, I felt like there's a different motive. Both of them chose not to speak for a bit, but Sham managed to get an answer out first.