Chapter 35

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1166

~~♛~~

Lyra~

With his knowledge of the routes and passageways around here, Silver helped guide me through Mt Mortar with Flaaffy's assistance. Her tail acted as a flashlight, which helped us a lot when navigating. I held onto his hand as a way to comfort me, with Silver dragging me forward and through the cave.

While Flaaffy was in front of us, Bayleef stayed close to me while Sneasel held onto Silver's shoulder. They didn't looked too concerned about getting lost—rather they want to staying near us. I wasn't really able to clearly see what Bayleef's expression was, but I sure do know she's happy to be with me.

That sounds a bit narcissistic though...

It's true that we could use Kadabra to teleport to the exit—or even to Mahogany Town—but I was the one who told him not to; it wasn't the letter's influence.

I recalled the letter we received in Cherrygrove City, of how we weren't supposed to fly city to city. It wasn't because of the letter that I told him not to use Teleport like that; it was from my own intuition, my desire to get to know Silver even better.

"Hey Silver, how long will it take to reach the exit?" I asked.

"We have to get through a number of cave routes and the floors. Why? Are you tired?" Silver questioned.

I shook my head. "No, I was just wondering. That's all."

"It's still the middle of the afternoon. Don't get tired just yet. This was your idea, after all."

"I know, I know..." I sighed.

Silver proceeded to grab my hand and continued to navigate me through the caves. I can hear a lot of Zubats flying in the air, which obviously didn't bother Silver or Sneasel. Whenever the Zubats hovered low and close to our heads, Sneasel would hop over to my shoulder to scare them off before returning to Silver's side.

At this point, I wasn't surprised of Sneasel's commitment, but I was really happy to know he's warming up to me.

Flaaffy also didn't appear to be intimidated, as she continued to be our flashlight with her tail lit. Bayleef wasn't startled when the Zubats flew down; instead, she seemed a bit annoyed. Was it just me overreacting?

"This way; it's a short cut. The path is a bit steep though, so watch your steps," Silver warned me, pointing to the narrow path in front of us.

I nodded, proceeding to firmly hold his hand as he sets onto the rigidity path. Bayleef made sure to stay very close behind me, holding my torso with her Vine Whip. This was a scary situation, but I trusted Silver that this was the faster path.

"Don't walk too fast and don't stop walking. I won't stop moving until we reach the end, and should you see yourself falling, the bracelet will save you while Bayleef can hoist you up. Got that?" Silver instructed, directing the final part to Bayleef with a clear glance.

Bayleef nodded with determination. As Silver continued to head forward, I followed his instructions and walked behind him. While I was staring at his back, I looked up and noticed Sneasel staring at the distance, towards a particular cave above the waterfall.

• ᴘ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ •

After getting through the narrow path, we made it out of the cavern. Silver informed me that the cavern was called Mt. Mortar. For some reason, I felt that I was going to be coming back to that place very soon. I really couldn't help but wonder what Sneasel was staring at.

Anyways—Silver and I were approaching Mahogany Town, where I noticed how it was a small, quiet town. Of course, there were obviously buildings here; however, it wasn't as packed or loud as a place like Goldenrod or possibly Cianwood. At least it wasn't as small as New Bark Town.

As I turned to Silver, I noticed the suspicious look on his face, as he glanced around the town.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "What I'm thinking is irrelevant—like that dude trying to sell those Rage Candy Bars..."

I turned to what he was staring at; a man who was giving away those candy bars while people were confusingly giving him Pokédollars for those pieces of candy.

"It doesn't look too bad..." I noted.

"Not worth it—besides, I'm the one with the money," Silver retorted, sighing afterwards while Sneasel's head shakes with agreement.

I sighed, refusing to continue the discussion.

As I was about to continue ahead, Silver suddenly grabs my arm and stares north. Without much resistance from me, he dragged me towards that direction, where I noticed what he had noticed.

A Team Rocket member was running north.

I already knew what Silver wanted to do; we ended up following him to wherever they're going. Bayleef was still by my side, doing her best to catch up with Silver's hasty pace. I did my best too, especially when I'm not too used to running.

It wasn't long before we reached a large lake, where we confronted the grunt who we were chasing. As he turned around, his gaze was strictly towards Silver, whom he must've recognized. As he was about to mutter something, I heard Silver curse under his breath.

"Damn you... What are your goals this time!?" Silver exclaimed.

"It's really him... The Boss' son!" the grunt stated in realization, completely ignoring what Silver had just mentioned.

"Don't do anything, Lyra. Something's off... very off," Silver informed me, pushing me behind his back. Just as he did that, I heard a voice call out from behind me. The voice though... sounded so familiar.

"Lyra! The lake!" the person screamed in a desperate tone.

The moment I turned around—Ethan rushing towards where Silver and I stood—something incredibly strange emerged from the bottom of the lake.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~