Chapter 26

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1402

~~♛~~

Lyra~

I waved goodbye to the family living on that farm. After talking to their daughter, we got a nice impression from them, but we couldn't stay there for too long. According to Silver, the next city wasn't too far from here.

We passed a couple of trainers along the way but they weren't people we couldn't handle. In the end, we made it to Olivine City quicker than I assumed. From where I stood, I noticed the sun beginning to set. Togepi was still sleeping at this hour, and I believed it was for the better for her.

As I followed Silver's pace, I took my time to glance around the area, as best as I could. Although the sky was a bit darker than I expected, I managed to notice the lighthouse nearby. However, I also noticed the lights weren't on. Wouldn't a lighthouse be on at this time of hour?

Two kids that left a nearby building caught my attention. They were discussing about something about the gym leader here. I guess they must've battled the gym leader or something... but I was wrong.

"Did you hear? The Gym Leader is taking care of the sick Pokémon in the lighthouse," one of them commented.

"Such a shame... I wanted to battle her. I'll never get a badge if she's not in the Gym!" the other exclaimed.

As those two kids ran past us, I glanced at the building they had just exited. "So the Gym Leader's not inside?"

"To think she's taking care of some sick Pokémon... A Pokémon that can't battle is worthless, can't she just let it go?" I heard Silver harshly criticize under his breath.

"Let's check it out!" I suggested.

"That's boring. If the Gym Leader isn't here, why waste your time trying to find her with a sick Pokémon?" Silver retorted.

I frowned at the attitude that I was used to, at this point. However, instead of taking in his rough attitude, I tugged his hand and began heading towards the lighthouse. I can feel his glare at the back of my head but I didn't glance back at him, knowing he'll forgive me anyway.

We should at least check out what's going on. Besides, it was too dangerous to go anywhere else within this sky if the lighthouse isn't on.