Chapter 38

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia, Pokémon Generation: Episode 4

Number of Words: 1534

~~♛~~

Lyra~

In an instant, I was no longer being held by that man. Something must've hit him, as he dropped his knife in shock, just as Silver brought out Kadabra who teleported me away from him. I turned to the man who was now on the floor, holding his head in pain, with Ethan and a large Pokémon standing in front of him.

"Typhlosion; the Volcano Pokémon. If its rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames. It has a secret, devastating move where if it rubs its blazing fur together, it can cause huge explosions."

Ethan didn't say a word, neither was he staring at the man he had his Typhlosion attack. He held his gaze towards Silver, whom the latter responded the same way. The two men didn't make any moves to escape, knowing Typhlosion was blocking the entrance, along with Gastly floating in the air.

As Sneasel returned to Silver's shoulder, I slowly head over to his side. When I turned around, I've noticed Ethan's arm slightly extended to my direction. However, he dropped his arm beside him instantly.

"Anyways, that passageway..." Ethan commented.

"Right. This should be the lair of Team Rocket, along with the source of the Gyarados' problem," Silver responded.

"Alright then...—You! Stay right here and make sure those two men do not leave this shop until the police arrive," Ethan commanded a passerby who just passed the shop.

The same passerby nodded, slightly confused but obliged nonetheless. After returning Gastly and Kadabra back into their Pokéballs, Silver used the rope that was in the shop to tie the two men while motioning me to follow him down the passageway. Both Ethan and Typhlosion followed us down.

After going down a slide, the three of us examined the underground area. The walls appeared to be made out of metal—perfect for a lair. Silver was right.

"Do you know the direction we should take?" I asked Silver.

"As if I know. I'm not the one who owns this place," he retorted.

"There are two paths—left and right. Should we split up?" Ethan suggested.

"No—even though Team Rocket is stupid, there should know the common sense to place some sort of security system here. These walls seem pretty soundproof too, which is why it's hard to determine the source of the sound."