Chapter 13

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1151

~~♛~~

Lyra~

My head was aching painfully, but I felt like I was on top of something soft and comfortable. I naturally moved my head around, as my cheek came in contact with a pillow.

I was fully aware that I'm sleeping on something really comfortable. My body was in a comfortable position... Was that awkward for me to say that?

I shouldn't have said that... That was too weird.

My eyes slowly opened. At first, it was blurry but it cleared as seconds went by.

Finally, it was clear enough for me to see that I'm in some sort of building. I found out that my body was covered with a large blanket, around half a centimetre thick, and that I was lying on a bed that wasn't familiar to me.

"Where am I?" I thought.

I removed the blanket wrapping my body and positioned myself in a sitting position. The first thing that crosses my mind was what I'm wearing. Wondering such a thought, my eyes trailed down to my clothes.

I was wearing the same outfit, making me sigh in relief. I'm glad my clothes wasn't different or else I might get the wrong idea. The reason is because I managed to find Silver sleeping in the same room. He was sleeping comfortably on the fairly large armchair.

I lifted myself off the bed and made my way towards him. As I got closer, my eyes examined his facial features.

He looked so peaceful when he's sleeping.

I rested the palm of my hand on the side of the armchair and my body unconsciously leaned forward a bit. Should I wake him up? It's quite earlier in the morning, so I wonder if he might get mad at me.

My mind began drifting off into space. I began thinking of all the moments where Silver said his main goal was to get these bracelets off. It felt like years from that moment. In reality, as I try to hold in all the emotions, the memories really pained me.

And the worst part was that I wasn't sure as to why that was all happening.

It shouldn't hurt this much about something like that. All that was Silver's opinion, and I shouldn't interfere with life. However, just as little as thinking about it made me curious about Silver. He was slowly taking me into consideration.

I let out a small sigh, not realizing that it caused him to wake up.

His eyes immediately opened and I was greeted with the sharpness of Silver's red eyes. That alone caused me to stumble forward. My arms lost balance and I found myself leaning forward.

I was clearly startled.

And in an instant, my body was close to Silver's. His hands were on my shoulders, separating our faces around a few centimetres apart. My cheeks were obviously red and there's nothing I could do to stop it.

Silver was staring at me emotionlessly. He wasn't even flustered at the position we're in nor the fact that our faces were so close. His eyes were staring into my brown ones. We stayed like that for a few seconds. Finally, he let out a breath before pushing me backward.

This time, it wasn't as harshly as I was expecting him to do.

He got up from the armchair and heads to the door, without saying a word. Remembering the rules bond by the bracelets we're wearing, I quickly followed him out of the room and caught up to his regular walking pace.

I silently walked beside him across the hall. When we reached the end of the short hall, I looked around the room that might be identified as the living room. It looked tidy and there was a counter on the left side of the room.

"...ah."

I heard a voice from the right side of the room. On the couch sat an elder lady, with a newspaper in hand. She was glancing up towards us as we walked into the room. Realizing we're in her home, I quickly greeted her politely.

"Um... Good morning, ma'am," I said to her.

Silver didn't say a word. He just continued to head towards the door, opening it before taking a step outside. With a bit of distance I had, I quickly head closer to the elder lady, sitting next to her on the couch.

The elder woman let out a quick sigh before looking at me with a smile carved on her face. "Good morning to you too, young lady."

"I apologize for our presence here and if my friend caused any trouble," I apologized.

"Nonsense, dear," she quickly discarded it, waving her hand frantically. "Actually, it was your friend who brought you here and asked us if you two could stay for the night."

I was surprised at what I heard. Silver actually asked? Oh, how I would have stayed up just to hear that...

But it was nice that Silver did something kind, even after that incident back in Azalea Town and the Slowpoke Well. And that the fact he carried me from here to this place... I guess you could say I was impressed.

However, I was more surprised than impressed, honestly.

This was something I wasn't expecting from Silver. I hope stuff like this starts happening often. It certainly made Silver a better person. I don't know what's going on in his head but I hope whatever it is, he would still move forward to the better future.

"By the way, my name is Lyra. My friend's name is Silver," I introduced to her.

"It's nice to meet you, Lyra. I am the Daycare Lady and I am in charge of this Pokémon Daycare," She greeted me.

A Pokémon Daycare... It's so nice to have someone run a place where they take care of other people's Pokémon. We started talking for a bit about Pokémon. While I said that, I just realized something vital.

Where's Togepi?

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~