Chapter 6

Avatia's POV

After kissing mom goodbye, I walked out into the busy streets of New York, pulling out my phone and dialling Kenny's number. After a couple of rings, I hear a faint and lazy 'hello'.

"Still in bed lazy baby?" I asked as I looked around for an empty cab. "Forgot today's my first day at work in Mr. Black's mansion?"

I could picture him shrieking. "Oh my gosh, my little baby Ava is gonna be working with the wicked weird dick."

"Stop it Ken, don't talk about him like that, 'sides, we don't even know him that much." I tried to defend my new boss although Kenny was right. Mr Black is ruthless. I'll just try to think of him as a good person so I'll be able to focus on my work well.

"You don't know him because you do not watch the gossip headlines. I've read about the guy, sweetheart believe me, that guy is dangerous,  I'd advice, you don't work with him." Kendall answered back. Why did practically everyone say he's dangerous, for Christ sake, he just looked.....well, how do I put the look? Lost? Broken? Taken? Restricted? Okay fine. He looked dangerous. "Ava?"

"Kenny, I'm running late, I'd call you when I'm home, bye munchkin." I inhaled deeply when I hung up. I heard a car hooting and turned around to see the same black SUV from yesterday. I rolled my eyes. I'm never talking to Roberto again. He tricked me.

However, it wasn't Roberto who stepped out. A tall Chinese looking guy stepped out and walked over to me. "Avatia Hilton? "

I nodded. "And you are?"

"Cheng Napen." He said proudly

"What do you want Cheng? Did your annoying boss send you?"

"Mr. Vaughn sent me to pick you up." He answered as he pulled out a working card to prove his sincerity.

Oh! I couldn't have guessed wrongly, black car. I walked to the car as Cheng opened the door for me. Without considering his accent, Cheng is no doubt good looking. Tall, sexy and good looking with a friendly aura. We shared small talk on our way to Mr.  Black's house. I got to learn that Cheng is Mr. Black's occasional driver and that he, Cheng wasn't married, just had fun with his girlfriend. He soon pulled up in the long and probably endless driveway.

"Have a great first day, miss Hilton." He called out as I made my way to the big oak doors.

"Hey Cheng, I told you, call me Ava. And thanks, I enjoyed my ride." I smiled and replied. He really was great company. I rang the bell once and then remembered when Roberto entered a code instead. I patiently waited till the door automatically opened.

Well that is so cool.

I walked into the quiet house and stood waiting for an automatic voice to give me instructions. I giggled childishly at my silly expectations.

"What's so funny, Princess?" I heard the unmistakable voice ask. I gulped like a four year old that was caught sneakily watching t.v. past her bed time. "Scared?"

This time, I confidently turned around, I didn't want him to think I was some scared little girl. "Good morning Mr. Black. I uhh, wasn't laughing at anything important. So, about the job, what do I get to paint? And where?"

"Eager?" He asked and I nervously scoffed. Add that to the list of things I do when I'm eager and someone reminds me of it.

The angry look in his eyes sent chills running down my spine. Oh my God, what got into me to scoff right in front of him. Right in front of Dreidan Vaughn 'Black'. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that."

"The next time you disrespect me , I'd be forced to get rid of you. " He said like I was some old rug that he had to get rid off. Well, I've got some pride too, he can't just talk to me like that.