Chapter 37

AVATIA'S POV

Butterflies fluttered at the pit of my belly.  It was like the fireworks on the fourth of July! In fact, scratch that. The feeling of his lips on mine was just indescribable. I was in a state of elated bliss. At first, I thought it was my mind playing tricks until he gently pulled on my lower lip. The feel of his soft, warm lips as they worked on mine sent sweet shivers down my spine and a new feeling in between my legs.  I don't know how or when it happened but I felt his tongue fighting for dominance in my mouth. This is so wrong, my mind was screaming, but I couldn't pull back because it felt so right and even if it was wrong, I just still couldn't bare to pull back. It was like he'd cast a spell on me. His lips and tongue worked magic on mine, almost like he was making love to my mouth. Ahhh. Mmhmm.

Stop Avatia, remember he said he hopes its not his heart doing the thinking? He's just really vulnerable right now and he's not thinking right. Be the mature one here and stop this kiss.

I ignored my inner girl and wrapped my hands round his neck, pulling him closer. I don't even know where I got that kind  courage. His lips moved tenderly against my own, sending an overwhelming feeling straight to my heart. He used one hand to pull me closer to him and the other to hold my face. His tongue explored my mouth and soft moans escaped my lips. This was a whole new feeling to me.

No words could match the immense feelings I was enduring right now. He moaned too and that was it, I let my guards down and ran my fingers through his luscious black hair and deepened the kiss. With the way his lips were working against mine, he made me feel like the most precious thing he owned, he kept kissing me, more like devouring me, as if he couldn't possibly get enough of me. He kissed me so hard I forgot whose air I was actually breathing. Then to my greatest disappointment,  he slowly, as if he regretted it, pulled away and I panted heavily. I really did forget whose air I was breathing.

Talk fast before things get awkward. Talk. Talk about anything other than the kiss.

I turned away, trying to avoid eye contact as my heartbeat increased a thousand folds. Oh my goodness, that was my first real kiss. I didn't want things to get awkward but my heart was screaming at me, reminding me of the fact that I had deep feelings for him already. I had to do what my inner girl was saying. I had to talk. "I never knew you could paint." I said standing up. I somewhat braced my heart for the worse because I knew I would not be able to handle it if he told me that our kiss was just a mistake. "You didn't tell me."

"I don't tell you many things, do I?" He asked in a deep voice.

I was scared to look in his eyes because of what I might see. Regret? Disgust? Or what? What if I wasn't a good kisser? I mean I've really never kissed anyone before him. I just didn't want him to think I was a bad kisser. My inner girl was right. He was just vulnerable.

I tried to think of other things apart from the kiss. I started walking round the room. Admiring the Angel that he'd drawn. Something caught my attention on the portraits. There was a particular date on all of them. The same date. 15/12/2011. "Uhh....why do you write the same date on all the paintings. Did you paint all of these on the same day?"

This time, I turned around to face him, curiosity getting the better part of me.

He gave me a distant look. I thought he was going to ignore my question. "That's the day Nevaeh died."

I wish I could just slap myself already. Why did I have to ask? But if that's the day she died, that means that's his birthday. There was no point in asking if he celebrated his birthday because it was a no for sure.

Think of something else to say.

"Uhh....why did Ana take a day off today?"

Really Avatia? That's the best you could come up with?

"Because on the fifteenth of every month, I just want to be alone, I just want to come here and spend the day with her. It's the time of the year when I get to sit and tell her everything. What my life is like without her in it." He said sadly and I could tell he was trying hard not to cry.

If he wanted to be alone, then why did he call me in here? I was about to speak up when he beat me to it. "Avatia I know you're trying to avoid what we just shared. Trust me, I want that too but I also can't let you go, not now that I've had a taste. That kiss meant a lot to me. I know I'm gonna sound like some shitty ass looser but for real, that kiss was magical. It's like I've been hypnotized."

The joy! I felt relieved that he didn't think I was a bad kisser. "B...but Mr. Black....I. ....I. ....."

"It's okay if you don't want to talk right now, I'll understand if you hate me for kissing you without permission." I could tell he wasn't used to all these. Asking for permission before kissing a girl and stuff. He scratched his forehead. "I'm so...sorry?"

I turned around and smiled at him. "Don't be. To be honest, I loved the kiss." I knew I was as red as a tomato. Who wouldn't be? Telling your boss you loved his kiss? Jeezzzz!  I walked back to where he was and sat down again. I looked into his eyes and caressed his cheeks with my palms. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that." I said, referring to Nevaeh. "I wish I could take away the pain in your heart and replace it with the happiness you deserve. You're a good man, irrespective of what people say you are. I really wish I can help you, that I can mend your broken heart, but I don't know how to." I told him sincerely.

He never broke eye contact and just gazed into my eyes lovingly, but unsure.

I knew what I was about to say was going to cost me a lot "But I'm willing to try. I want to help you Mr. Black. Let me help you in my own little way and contribute in healing your precious heart. Will you let me?"

He seemed unsure of what I was saying. I was unsure of what I was saying myself. It wasn't my mind doing the thinking, but my heart. I could tell he was thinking hard. "I don't know, cause I have business to take care of back in N.Y."

I smiled at him. "A few days."

"How long would you need? We have just one week to be here, before flying back." He said sadly. "I need to ensure your safety. Plus your mom will probably be on Roberto's neck if we spend more time here."

If I didn't stop him, he was going to keep ranting so I placed a finger on his lips. "Shhh. Don't talk a lot. If we'll be here for one week, then I'll be needing just one week. At least it's my own way of helping you. I know my mom is safe where she is now. I trust you. I just want to help you, even if it's for a week."

He looked into my eyes. "Really?"

I didn't want him to see how insecured I was about this. One week was way too small. "Yes."

He needed help. And I was going to help him. If not for anything, at least, for the love of Nevaeh.

___________________________________

Short chapter 😩😩😩 but on the bright side, they kissed. They kissedddddd😄😄😄😄😄. I'm so happy for those two.

And Avatia, how on earth does she think she'll help him in just one week?

I'm beginning to wonder if she's sane or not😂😂

Your thoughts on this chapter?

Please vote. And oh...leave a lot of comments for me.

Love,
Thelma❤️