Chapter 21

AVATIA'S POV

I searched frantically for my phone in my bag and when I saw it, I noticed I had seven missed calls from mom. Realization dawned on me that mom was trying to call me when I was in the mansion and I totally ignored it because of the attention I was getting from Mr. Black and his girlfriend. Oh my God. I tried calling mom again but the number was blocked. I called Mr. Black and he picked up on the third ring.

"Avatia?" His deep husky voice sounded from the other line.

I couldn't control my sobs. "Mr. Black, my mom...my mom is..."

"What's wrong with her."

"She's gone. They took her away. They took my mom away." I said as more tears slipped out. "And its all because of you." I deadpanned.

I heard him sigh. "Don't go anywhere. Do not call anybody, most especially the police. Do not tell anybody about this Ava. I'm coming over."

I hung up and sat down on the bed crying. Oh mom, I'm so sorry. If only I answered your call. I couldn't think straight again. What if they killed the person I love the most? What if they killed my mom?. Soon enough, the door bell rang and I ran downstairs. I didn't care about the fact that my footprints was filled with blood. Seeing my boss in front of me and knowing my mom's in danger because of him, I do the only thing that's in my mind before I can stop myself. I slap my boss.

You just slapped the most dangerous man in this city.

He looked shocked at what I just did. He didn't expect that.

"Look what you've done. I don't care if you drag me inside your mess but my mom is not supposed to be part of this." I spit out angrily. "There's blood everywhere. They even left a note. My mom is in danger, we need to find her."

I felt all the energy in me wear off as images of my mom in the hands of murderers clouded my mind. My tears were unstoppable. Mr. Black pulled me into a hug fearing I was going to fall. I was mad at him but I needed his support. My bones were weak already and my heart was tearing. I hugged him as more tears slipped out. "We have to save her. She means the world to me. I'll never forgive myself if something bad happens to her."

He smoothened my hair like a baby. "Its alright Ava, everything's gonna be alright. I'm right here."

I know I wasn't supposed to feel the way I was feeling right now but his hug helped me calm down.

I led him into my mom's room he took a few pictures and the note and knife. Then he made a phone call to a cleaning agency to make the house spotless. I realized that it was the very agency that always sent workers to clean his mansion. He also made a few phone calls and spoke in pure Italian.

"You can't stay here Avatia." He said in a serious tone when he hung up from the last call.

I shook my head in denial. I'm in this mess because of him and now he thinks he can order me around? "No. I'm staying here because my mom may suddenly show up."

His eyes darkened in anger. He wasn't used to getting the word 'NO'. "Just quit being stubborn. You can't stay here anymore. It's risky. And your mom won't be coming soon. Your safety is my priority."

"But___"

"Avatia for once just listen to me. Is that too much to ask for?" I knew his patience was wearing off but this is my mom we're talking of.

I turned around. I didn't want to look him in the eye. My mom is the most important person in my life and if he said he was going to find her, then I just had to force myself to believe him. "Where would I be living?"

"My house."

That was enough to give me a panick attack.

"Just trust me on this one. My house is well secured and has enough guards. You'll be safe there. I want to keep you low-key for now while I track down who's behind this." He said in a business-like tone. I noticed how his fist was clenched. "I'm so going to kill whoever is toying with you."

I was getting confused. "I'm not going to the mansion."

He ran his fingers through his luscious black locks. "I wasn't referring to the mansion. I'm talking about the place I go to whenever I need my space."

******

I packed a bag full of necessities and clothes and headed downstairs to see my boss answering a phone call. When he noticed my presence, he ended it and spoke up. "The agency would be here in fifteen minutes. Just leave the house open. When they're done, they'd send the keys over to me. Let's go, we have a flight to catch right now"

My mouth hung open. "You didn't even ask me if I had a passport." I tried to reason out with him.

"I didn't ask because I know you have one, how else would you have moved to this city?" He asked with irritation.

I rolled my eyes. "Well you still had to ask. My passport is in my room. Let me go get it." I said and walked back to my room.

I caught up with him outside. My eyes widened when I realized we were using his ghost Rolls Royce. "I know you like my cars, I'm gonna get you one like this when we reach Italy."

My head started spinning. I was gonna give a remark about the car thing but Italy? "We're going to Italy? "

He nodded and just got into the car. I got in too and he started driving before I could buckle up my seat belt. "When you said we were going to your house, I thought maybe it was somewhere in the city, then you say we're flying to Italy? That's too far Mr. Black."

I noticed how his hold on the steering wheel tightened. "What the fuck is wrong with you? My name is not Black." He barked and I flinched.

'Okay Avatia, if you keep talking, he might throw you off the cliff so just shut up.'

I kept quiet throughout the ride to the airport. Once we reached, I saw Roberto. He came up and waved at me with a charming smile then started talking with my boss in Italian. When they finished, Roberto got into the RR and drove off. I noticed that we were going towards a different direction from the rest of the crowd. "Where are we going to?" He ignored my question and asked for my passport instead. I rolled my eyes at him again and I knew it was getting on his nerves. Well I don't care. I handed him the passport and we kept moving. It was when we reached a different air field that I realized we were flying by private jet. There were three of those jets. Two blacks and one white all having his initials. DMV.

"Choose one." He said nonchalantly and I almost fainted. Just how much money can one man have? Three jets? That was just too much. He looked at his watch impatiently and I noticed there was a pilot and two hostesses by the side. I wasn't choosing anything so I folded my arms and the action caused him to look at my boobs. I noticed that his eyes darkened. "Fine. Have it your way. Marcus we're flying with the black eagle."

Then he turned to me and whispered. "You've been such a bad girl, it's about time you get punished."

_______________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Love,
Thelma❤️