Chapter 70

WRITER'S POV

And just  like a miracle,  that night, while Avatia tossed  and tossed  in her sleep, it came flashing  through  her mind. Everything.  From the moment  she flew from Ohio to New York, her employment  in Adam's, to her loosing her job and getting  a new one for her very strict  boss and meeting  Leo. LEO! Ohhh, poor Avatia was already wet from all her perspiration  and she was having a restless sleep. The memories  kept coming  and soon, she wasn't  able  to  breathe  again. She tried and tried and finally  ended  up  screaming  and  abruptly jerking  up  from her sleep, placing  one palm on her forehead and the other on her chest.

Draya who was in the next room in Dreidan's luxurious  guest  house hurried  over to Avatia's room and was shocked  to see her best friend  in such a panicked  state.  Her protective  instincts  kicked in and she searched  the  room for any intruder, seeing  none, she rushed  to  Avatia.  "What's  wrong? What happened?"

Avatia  looked at her in the eyes, unable  to  speak herself.

Draya gently shook Ava. "What's  going  on? Can you fucking tell me, I'm  worried sick already."

But Avatia  burst  out crying and hugged her tight.

Draya smoothened  her bestfriends  hair. "Shhhhh....I'm  right here  honey." But Draya was not prepared  for what she heard next.

"I remember."

Draya pulled back.  "Huh?"

Avatia  sobbed. "I remember every single  thing Draya. I remember what Leo did to me. I begged  him  to  have mercy on me but he didn't.  He tried to force himself  on me, I don't know if he suc___"

Draya quickly  shook her head. "No he didn't. Dreidan rescued you."

"Dreidan. Where's he? He was always so kind to me and mom never liked him." She kept on crying. "I remember  how much  hurt he felt when he told me about his ex. He was scared  of being lonely  again. It was Leo. I remember  he said he killed  Nevaeh. He killed the innocent  girl to get back at Dreidan.  I need to talk to him  now.  I need to tell him what I  heard. Ohh Draya,  I remember  everything. "

Draya was speechless.  She didn't  even know what to say. "Ava, its still 2AM.  Lets at least wait till  dawn."

Ava kept  on crying.  "What if i forget everything again. What if Leo comes back?"

"Leo is dead Ava. And you won't  forget anything. We should just be thankful  you finally got your memory." Draya reasoned out. It seemed to calm Avatia down.

Ava nodded.

Draya nodded too. "Good girl. Now you wait here while I go get you some milk. Its gonna calm your horses till dawn, okay? And I'll sleep right next to you so you feel better."

******

And so, at the break of  dawn, Draya called Dreidan to give him a heads  up  on everything.  They agreed to meet up at Adam's. Avatia was glad she had her memory back  despite  the  fact  that some were really  sad.  She was happy  that she could remember Kenny, Roberto, Cheng the driver, Adam, Eleanor from Adam's,  Anna in Italy and  everyone  she'd  met in New York. She was ecstatic. She thought  of  her  dear mother. Even though  her mother did not want her to come over to New York, she remembered  the  good times they shared and all the love, and  so, she missed her. It was the best decision  she made. Coming back to New York because finally, she was able to gain back her memories.

When it was time to meet Dreidan, she was super nervous. How would  she tell him that she knew  about  all what Leo  did? As she sat in the café with  Draya, she kept bouncing  her feet in anticipation  of  what would happen.  The green tea in front of her did not help her nervous  system  either.