Chapter 66

DREIDAN'S POV

The joy I felt! I could not stop reading the message.

No need to come over again Mr. Vaughn. I'm bringing Avatia back home.

They're coming back to NY? How did Draya pull that up? Really got to reward her for a job well done. I dialed her number and she picked up on the fourth ring.

"Mr. Vaughn?" She asked. For the first time, I enjoyed her voice. I was ecstatic hearing her voice. What more of when I finally get to see my Avatia. I can't believe I'm feeling all this joy again. I never knew I'll be this happy after Nevaeh's death.

I tried my best not to sound too excited. Well I made myself sound as cold as she's used to. "I hope you've got positive news or else I'm coming ove..."

"Oh Mr. Vaughn, didn't you see my message?" She asked cautiously.

"No. I did not see your message. If I did, I won't be calling right?" I tried hard to keep my cold facade up. "I hope you've got Avatia with you. Or else..."

I could hear her sigh. "I've got Avatia with me, sir. We're coming back to New York tomorrow night."

"How did you pull that up? What did you do?" I pried. I was actually very curious. Truth be told, I wasn't expecting her to bring back her friend. I was curious as to how Grace let this happen.

I could hear some shuffling at the back before I heard her voice again. "Avatia knows the truth. Well she doesn't really remember you and stuff but we told her the basics. Her mom was furious and sent me packing but Avatia opted to come with me. She insists on talking with you. She wants to know who you are."

I clenched my fist. "Grace sent you away?" The nerve of that tiny woman.

"Unfortunately, yes." She said with another sigh. "But it's fine. With time, aunt Grace would come around. She's just hard to deal with when it comes to Ava."

I ran my fingers through my hair. I've been doing that a lot today. "So how are you guys going to come?"

"Well, I don't really have so much money and Avatia's passport is with her mom. I'm just gonna try to find the passport then talk Kenny into lending me some money. Then tomorrow morning, I'll book for our flight. I hope things..."

"I'll send my jet to pick you guys up. Just find Avatia's passport." I told her in a monotonous tone. It wasn't up for debate.

I could hear her hold back a gasp. "You will, sir?"

"Yes. But one more thing..." I trailed off, a plan forming in my mind.

She hesitated a bit. "What?"

*****

WRITER'S POV

So as planned, Draya spent the whole day sneakily trying to find her friend's passport. When aunt Grace busied herself with work, trying to put the days events behind her, Draya would sneak up to her bedroom and go through her stuff. And when she heard her aunty walk towards the room, she would hide. At the end of the day, she found the passport at the bottom of Grace's duffel bag. The relief that washed through her body was indescribable. Finally, she would be able to take her friend to the man whom she loved. If no one else believed in Avatia getting better once she knew the whole truth, Draya did. She had a gut feeling that things would be better if Avatia just knew about everything and if she was with Dreidan.

Meanwhile, Avatia layed on her bed, thinking about everything that had happened today. She was still in shock finding out that she was kidnapped and locked up in a freezer. No wonder why she had all those terrible nightmares where she was always freezing to death. She always prayed after she woke up from such dreams. She even had a phobia for cold food and water. That was the main reason why she never swam in the beautiful lake behind. She just feared the water might swallow her up.

So indeed, the mystery man in her dreams was Mr. Vaughn. She really wanted to see the man. To know what he looked like, and why he did what he did to her. How could he be so cruel to kidnap her mother? And kidnap her too? She was in this state of constantly trying to remember things because of him. She had to have a talk with the man. And God knows she wasn't a violent person but she sure knew she had to give this man a slap for messing her life like this!

"I finally got it." Draya squealed happily, causing Avatia to jump in fright and pulling her away from her thoughts.

Avatia placed a hand over chest. "I'm gonna have to put a bell on you. You scared me!"

Draya giggled and hugged her best friend. "I'm sorry. I was just so happy." She pulled away and showed Avatia the passport.

Her eyes widened. "How did you get this?"

Draya dramatically flipped her hair to the side. "Hey-law...I'm Draya Burke. When I set my mind to anything, I make sure I do it."

For the first time today, Avatia smiled and giggled at her childish friend. She pulled Draya into a hug this time. "Thank you." She said genuinely. "Thank you very much."

"You're gonna make me tear up, blondie. But that's fine if I have to cry for you. I don't mind shedding a few tears for your happiness. I love you so much and I want you to be happy. But right now, we have to start packing cause girl, we're going back to New York." She yelled happily, pushing her hands in the air, which caused her shirt to ride up. And of course, showing her flat tummy with a ring on her navel.

Avatia laughed and touched the navel piercing. "This is beautiful." It felt good having a girl her age around.

Her friend smiled proudly. "Thank you. Conrad loves it so muchhhh. Loves kissing and sucking it before he goes lower." Draya ended dreamily. "I can't wait to see my Conrad again."

Avatia giggled childishly, causing Draya to gasp. "What?" The blonde girl asked with raised eyebrows.

"You didn't cringe or scrunch that nose of yours after hearing me say that. That's so unlike you. You know what, I enjoy this version of you much more. And to think you used the f-word today. God is good." She ended with a laugh. "That brain damage of yours is doing us some good. I bet Kenny would be shocked as fuck."

Avatia laughed again. "It's not brain damage Draya. It's amnesia. And it's caused by the traumatic experience I went through." She said with a sigh.

"Whatever. Brain damage or amnesia. Just don't let it get to you. I don't care, so far as I got my Avatia with me. And more importantly, so far as we're going back to NYC."

*******

The atmosphere at the cottage was still tense. Especially between Grace and the girls. Well, doctor Nathan just tried to act cool considering he was the only male around. But he avoided Draya. To him, the girl was trouble. He really didn't want Avatia to go. He'd grown to love her. And now, Draya just had to ruin his plans of making Avatia his.

Grace tried to talk Avatia into not leaving but she had made up her mind. This caused Grace to lash out at Draya again. But Draya being Draya, she gave a deaf ear and just went about everything cooly.

Draya looked at her watch. It was almost five. The service van would soon be here to pick them up. She was so excited to go because this time, she would not have to share the plane with everyone. It was a fucking private jet! And she was even more excited for the plans Dreidan had for her friend. "Sorry for ruining your plans Aunty. But I've got to do this."

Grace ignored her. Well Grace had made her own plans. She was going to travel back the next morning. All the flights to New York for the night were booked already. So she had to wait till the next day.

Avatia finally emerged from her room and stopped when he saw her mother.

"Don't go sweetheart." The older woman pleaded.

Avatia contemplated on what to do and ended up giving her a small smile. "I'm sorry I can't stay. I'll be going now."

And with that, she walked out with her friend. She stopped and turned to her doctor. "Thank you for your help, doctor Nathan." She said with a smile and walked up to the service van that had just pulled up. They got in, and it drove off without Avatia looking back again. This was the right thing to do. She had to make peace with her past for her future to be right.

______________________________

Give me some credit by voting if you loved this chapter🤗