Chapter 28

There'll be two POVs in this chapter. Enjoy. And don't forget to vote and comment.

__________________________________

Dreidan's POV.

After making sure Grace was comfortable with her room, I went to mine, knowing fully well that Jade was waiting for me there. But before I reached my room, I stopped at 'her' door. Even though we shared the same room, after she past away, I decided to move her things to the room she loved the most in the mansion. Jade also told me it was going to help me psychologically if I didn't have too see her things all the time. I always cleaned this particular room myself. It made me feel closer to her. "I wish you were still here, Nei. I miss you so much." I muttered to myself, touching the door and walking away sadly.

I rubbed my temple. My head was pounding. I needed a lot of sleep if I had to travel back to Italy tomorrow morning. Yes. I didn't want Grace to worry so much. And it was better if I brought her daughter earlier and send them away from me where they'll be safe.

I got into the room and saw Jade lying on my bed. She had a robe on and I knew there was nothing underneath. But I wasn't in the mood.

"You left so fast and came unannounced. I was worried about you but then, I know you're strong enough." She said, trailing off with a hint of sexual desire in her voice. "But what I don't understand is why you brought Avatia's mom here. People can't find out about this place. It's not safe."

Her high pitched voice wasn't helping me out. "The only reason why I'm gonna have this conversation right now is because I'll be leaving for Italy tomorrow morning."

"Excuse me?" She said in disbelief.

I face palmed. "Jade, I need to go bring Avatia back so she'll be with her mom and both can leave the country immediately. Look here, I'm super tired right now and I'm gonna be pissed if you keep talking."

"Well you have to make love to me now if you're travelling tomorrow." She deadpanned.

My eyes widened. "Hell no! I can't and I'm tired."

She walked closer to the bed and took off the robe. I turned away. I really had to stop this whole friends with benefits bullshit. It wasn't fair to either of us and most especially to Nevaeh.

"I need some rest." I told her calmly and shut my eyes, my head throbbing so bad.

"Its about that stupid blonde, right? I know it's about her. You've always had a thing for blondes. I should have guessed earlier. Now you don't even want to touch me." She said angrily and got of the bed.

I peeked open one eye. "I have no idea about what you're saying but you sure sound jealous. Like we're an 'item' or something. If I remember clearly,  you wanted me to go after 'that stupid blonde', so what's all this fuss about? You know what, I'm tired. Good night."

She was furious, I knew that but seriously,  it's about time we stopped all this. Sleeping with her to clear my mind just felt wrong. It felt like I was using her. I picked up my phone and dialed Marcus' number. Even though it was almost 1a.m. I didn't care. He answered on the fourth ring. "Get the jet ready by 9a.m, we'll be leaving for Italy." I said and hung up. If I left at 9a.m, I was gonna reach at 9p.m their time.

Deep down, at some dark corner of my heart, that I didn't know was still alive, I missed the little blue eyed girl. And I was gonna see her in a matter of hours.

I had to bring her back to her mother.

AVATIA'S POV

He'd been gone only for a day and I couldn't believe I missed him so much. How's it possible to miss a mafia leader? To miss someone who killed people like ants, someone who clearly brought me into this messy situation. I really didn't know why I missed him but I just did.

Ana noticed how lonely the house was and spent the nights with me. She even allowed me to go grocery shopping with her when I told her I was scared of those hungry looking guards. Yesterday, I helped her clean the house. She showed me all corners of the house except for this particular room which she said was personal and sacred and way out of my limits. Well everyone knows how curious I am. This particular night, she said she couldn't sleep here because her father wasn't feeling too well. Now that she wasn't here, the house felt unusually empty. I was scared at first because the house was just too big but then, I let my curiosity get the best of me. Might as well get my chance of knowing what was in that room before Ana comes. Or even my boss, whom I suspect won't be coming back anytime soon.

I walked to the door and took in a deep breath before trying the handles.

Get out of here Avatia. What's in the other side of this room is none of your business.

I ignored my inner girl and tried the door once more but it didn't open. Just when I was about to turn and go back to my room, I noticed that there was a key hanging on one of the flowers in the vase next to the door. I took it and tried it on the door and surprisingly,  it opened.  I stepped in and look for the switch. When I found it and turned it on, I gasped. The room was exquisite and looked like the room of a princess. It was full of paintings of a blonde. She was drop dead gorgeous. There was another door in that room and when I walked over to it and opened it, my breathing stopped. It was a painting room. It was full of buckets of paints. Realization dawned on me that whoever owner this room drew and painted in here, then hung the pictures in the  bedroom itself. I walked back to the bedroom and looked at the ceiling,  my mouth hanging open as I noticed that there was a painting of whoever this girl was, right there! On the roof! Who was the artist that did this? I'd never seen something so beautiful as this. There was even a picture of the girl with a big tummy, like she was seven months pregnant or so, she was holding a rose with her left hand while the right hand was on her tummy.. I moved to one painting that caught my attention and touched it to feel the material. Rich, just as I expected. Then I saw something beneath. It was a name. No. A sentence.  My beautiful Nevaeh. Love, Dre.     

My eyes widened in realization. I had to get out of here. It was Nevaeh's room.

But as I turned to leave, I almost passed out in fear. In front of me was no other person than the boss himself. His eyes were as dark as the night and the vein on his forehead was very visible. He looked like we could kill me. He took slow steps towards me, the frown on his face becoming worst. I kept moving behind until my back touched the world. I gulped. This might be my last day on earth. I couldn't think straight or even form a sentence.

Before I knew what was happening, he had his hands around my neck, squeezing so tight. I was running out of breath and coughing continuously. "I...I.....I'm....so....sooo (coughs)rry ....please...l..let me go... you're ch...chocking me."

My breath was stopping already and when I knew that was all for me, he let me go and took a step back.

Bipolar much, huh?

___________________________________

Please vote if you loved this chapter.

Love,
Thelma❤️