Chapter 55

DREIDAN'S POV

I heard the doorbell ring and groaned at the thought of going to open it. I already knew who was there. Alessandro, my brother. I'd filled him in on what had been happening and he had promised to show up this morning. I looked at my bruised knuckles, sighed and walked to the door.

The moment I pulled the door open, Alessandro walked in with an evident frown. "Where the fuck is that bastard?" He asked with his thick Italian accent.

I sighed and shut the door, walking to the mini bar in the sitting room. "The punk ass isn't here 'Sandro. We'll deal with him later on. How was your flight?"

He rolled his suitcase and stopped near the couch, lazily falling on it. "Get me some alcohol, man. I need to cool off. I swear I planned out a whole murder scene in my mind during my flight. Leo should thank his stars that he's not here right now."

I ran my fingers through my hair. Alessandro and I were close from the beginning. True we don't get along sometimes, but we always got each other's back. My dad wasn't really around while I grew up and when he was, he was a complete monster. And as for my mom, dad killed her cause she cheated on him when I was four. So I spent most of the time with my brother. He was the first person who taught me how to use a gun and knife to inflict pain on people at the tender age of nine. I walked back to him, handing him a glass of whiskey.

He nodded in appreciation and took a sip. "Fuck! I haven't had a drink in like ten hours."

Apparently, that's not strange for him. "Its not too long dude." I told him as I sat on one of the sofas. I was drained. Both mentally and physically. And honestly, emotionally. I just couldn't stop worrying about Avatia. The poor girl was in a serious trouble because of me.

He sat up and faced me seriously. "Are ya f'cking kidding me? It's like eternity. Almost like spending a day without a good fuck."

Again, not strange. "Aren't you tired of fucking a new woman everyday, son?"

He shook his head. "Nope. And I never will. You think I'm like you who sticks with Jade? Oh....before I forget, the new girl too...what's her name? Andrea? Amandla?"

My eyes immediately darkened. All this while, I'd been trying to act cool, hoping it's going to ease the heartache I've been feeling recently. I've been trying to act like everything is okay but in reality, I was dying inside. And now Alessandro just had to bring it up. I quietly stood up. "I'd be in my room."

I walked to the staircase but stopped when Alessandro spoke up.

"You have to fucking stop being a douchebag. You can't possibly be sulking because of a girl. Man up bro. If you want her, then get her. Besides it's not the first time this is happening. You'd eventually get over it." He said nonchalantly.

I fisted my palm as a lot of anger coursed through my veins. I fought the urge to go back and punch him. I ignored my anger and just walked up stairs.

The moment I got into my room, I fell face down on the bed. A sudden but heavy weight of loneliness washed over me. The loneliness was worse than when I'd lost Nevaeh. Grace words kept ringing in my mind. Leo's unfair revenge kept punching me in the face. Nevaeh's pretty face kept flashing in my memory. And worst of all, I could still feel Avatia's cold and naked body in my arms as I rushed her to the hospital. The pain was just too much. Almost unbearable. Before I could stop myself, I started throwing all the breakable objects in my room. All the chinaware and pieces of art that cost me a fortune. But I didn't care. My mind just couldn't process anything at the moment and my heart just couldn't take in all the tragedy. I was suffering for a crime I didn't commit!