Chapter 63

DREIDAN'S POV

"I said put the fucking painting on the left side, not there." I said, fighting hard to keep my cool. Where the fuck did Roberto hire these kind of incompetent workers? They could not follow simple instructions. So far, setting up a gallery was not the easiest task.

I looked over my shoulder and saw 'Sandro flirting with one of the female workers. The dude did not even care about the kind of women he mingled with. So far as you've got a pussy, he's in. In fairness, the girl was pretty good looking, but why the hell is she flirting during my work hours with the help? I walked over to them and looked at her. My gaze was so intense she started squirming. "Get lost. You're fired."

"But sir..."

"Dreidan."

Both the bimbo and Alessandro started at the same time. "Get out." I said in a dangerously low voice and she bowed her head in shame and walked away. I turned to my brother. "Can you please stop distracting these people? There's a lot of work to be done here in little time and as it is, they're very sluggish. I don't want you adding to it."

"You know, if you weren't my younger brother, I'll have punched you hard. These guys have been working hard for days. This place is perfect, what more do you want? What if after doing all this, the Avatia girl doesn't show up? What? You gonna fly to Texas and kidnap her? Or kill innocent people? You've got to calm down, you are overdoing it man. Calm the fuck down."

I fought the urge to face-palm. Maybe I really was overdoing it.

"Go home man, I'm gonna continue from here." He said, patting my shoulder.

Yeah right. "You've been flirting since we got here, what makes you think I'm gonna leave this for you to finish?"

"Because I said so. By the way, have you heard from that girl? The hottie...I don't want to waste my energy for nothing. Besides I still have to go to the armory by five. I need to be sure that the guns we bought from the Venezuelans were original. You know how bad their black market is. Might have sent fake weapons. If that's the case, I swear I'm flying to Venezuela tonight. So tell me, are you sure this Avatia girl is gonna show up?"

As much as it irked me that he kept on calling Avatia 'this Avatia girl', I had to admit he had a point. Draya had not called to tell me how things were. With that thought in mind, I excused myself, making sure Alessandro continued with the work and the contractor who stood at a far end, giving out instructions. I took out my phone and dialed Draya's number. The phone rang but she did not pick it. The nerve of that girl. So now she's ignoring my calls, huh?

I tried calling again, it rang for about seven seconds before she answered.

"Uhh...hey? I'm sorry, Draya's using the bathroom, but you could leave a message." The person on the other end said and my heart stopped beating. The hair on my nape standing.

"Princess?" I asked. I couldn't believe it. After how many months of not hearing that sweet voice, I get to hear it again? I know it. That's Avatia's voice. It's it. "Princess, is that you?" I asked again but got no reply.

There was shuffling at the other end.

"Ava why did you answer my call? Did the doctor not talk against using phones?" I heard Draya whisper-yell at my girl. I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth.

"I'm sorry, I guess?" Her sweet voice sounded through the phone.

"I'm sorry for getting angry too, I just have a lot in mind. Let me answer this outside, yeah?" Draya spoke calmly this time and there was more shuffling then a door opening and closing. "Mr. Vaughn, for goodness sake, I already told you I would call you when things work out. That was cl___"