Chapter 47

AVATIA'S POV.

My classes were going on very well even though some were pretty difficult. It was hard catching up since I'd not attended any class for almost a month. But my mom and friends were behind my back, and they gave me the support I needed.

I also made some new friends, like André. André Dubois was also very helpful as he'd text me everyday to find out if I was okay. Draya thought we'd make a good couple but I really wasn't interested in dating anyone. Well except for my super hot ex mafia boss, which was impossible. It was hard for me to stay all day without wondering what he was doing. The holidays were fast approaching and I wondered who he was going to spend it with. My phone beeped with the entry of a new message from André.

Hey sweetie, I hope you're doing good. I just wanted to remind you of our date tomorrow evening. I can't wait to see my favorite girl❤😚.       

I smiled as I read the message again. It felt great when a boy looked up to seeing you, and even better when he called you his 'favorite girl'.

I sent him a message too.

How can I forget when you keep reminding me everyday? And like I earlier said, it's not a date.

As soon as I sent the message, another one came in immediately.

Suit yourself cara, to me, it's a date.😘

I smiled at his message. He really was persistent. We texted each other for a while before I started going through my project. I had to submit this tomorrow morning.

"Still working on that project?" I jumped a little, hearing  Draya's voice.

I turned to face her. "Girl, don't ever scare me like that. I didn't hear you come in."

She chuckled. "Not my fault you're a dummy."

I playfully smacked her hand. "Get out."

"Ain't going nowhere. This is our house. Yours, as well as mine. The only time I'm getting out is when you're getting some French dick in your pussy in here." The girl I called my best friend said as if it was the most normal thing ever.

I face palmed, peeking a little to look at her. "Do you intend to ever change? Like seriously?"

She bent down and kissed my forehead. "Nope." And with that, she walked into the kitchen. I sighed and was ready to go back to my work when she came out with a big bowl of cereal. "You're going out on a date with that French dude tomorrow, right?"

"It's André, and I'm not considering it a date. More like a friendly dinner." I told her sincerely. It was true, I only saw André as a friend, and I'd known him for only four days.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say. What matters is that I find him really, really, reaaalllyyyy hot. Like fucking sexy."

"Your point of view, not mine honey." I told her, shrugging.

****

So Friday night finally came and it was my 'date night', as Draya called it. Draya forced me to wear a really short red gown, and black high heels. She even straightened my curly hair and did my makeup. Even though I put up the I don't- want-to-go facade, deep down, I was impressed with how I looked. I hugged Draya tightly. "Thanks bestie, you're a sweetheart. André just sent me a message, he'll be here in five."

"That's nice, now some perfume for the finishing touch." She said as she sprayed some perfume behind my ears and on my wrist. I cocked my brows at her. "French guys love kissing the back of your hands."