Chapter 67

WRITER'SPOV

Sorry for the late update😣💔

______________________________

Avatia kept biting on her finger nails the entire plane ride. She kept staring out of the window. The jet seemed oddly familiar to her but that was the least of her problems. She was nervous. She was going to meet this guy whosoever he was and in all honesty, she wasn't even prepared to meet him. But Draya had assured her it was going to be just okay. She hoped it would be.

"I've already told you Ava, the guy won't hurt you despite what everyone says. He loves you, believe me. And if he hurts you, I'll take account for it." Draya reassured her, taking her best friend's hand in hers and placing a kiss on it. "I love you so much to endanger your life."

Avatia who had been trying to hold the tears of fear in her eyes let them roll down as she turned and hugged Draya. "Thank you. Thank you so much Draya. In fairness, I wanted to leave that cottage. I wanted some air. Some space. And you've just liberated me. Thank you so much."

****

Meanwhile back in New York,there was serious preparation in the art house. Roberto and Alessandro were in charge to make sure everything was perfect. All of Avatia's paintings had been adjusted and modified. Even the ones Dreidan had painted were adjusted and all were hung beautifully on the smooth walls. It was a breathtaking site to behold. The interior design of the gallery was done to perfection and only the most important of persons in the city were invited for the grand opening of it.

Dreidan on the other hand had sent over fifty messages to  Draya to make sure she showed up with his girl. If they didn't show up, then the opening of the gallery would be a waste. This was his first gift to her. The grand welcome she deserved. He knew it was going to take a lifetime to apologize for endangering her life the way he did and he had to start from somewhere. This was just the beginning. He was going to spoil her with all the finest things in life. He was going to give her all the beautiful things he couldn't give to his ex lover. He was going to love her until she begged him to stop loving her, which of course he wouldn't.

With every passing second, arrangements were done for Avatia's coming. At the hotel, there was already a hair stylist, a masseuse, a beautician and all. A dress had already been picked out for her, as well as Draya. Dreidan just hoped everything would be perfect for his lover. If only she remembered him. That part scared him the most. What if she couldn't remember him? What if she had forgotten how good she made him feel? She was the one who had awakened the humane feeling in him. The one who made him feel whole again. The only one who made him move on from Nevaeh. The one who gave him a purpose of living without hurting others. Oh, his Avatia was an angel. His Angel. His Princess.

*****

The plane landed two hours later and it was a good thing the ride was not too long, so both Avatia and Draya passed the jet lag feeling.

"New York is beautiful." Avatia gawked at the beautiful buildings surrounding the airport. A feeling of belonging washing over her. "This feels like home."

Draya smiled. "It is home."

"So where exactly are we going to?" A curious Avatia asked.

Draya smirked. "Its a surprise."

Avatia's eyes widened in excitement. "A surprise?"

Draya nodded. "Yupppp. And this is gonna be fun. Let's get going." She said as she pulled Avatia towards the black 2019 Rolls-Royce Ghost EWB she spotted. The car number was the exact same one Dreidan had told her would be waiting for her. Of course, the guy's cars always stood out from the rest.