Chapter 58

WRITER'S POV

"You again?" Grace asked furiously as she walked in. The moment she saw Draya pacing the corridors looking worried, she knew something was up. And when Draya tried to stop her from entering, she was convinced that the really was a problem. She ignored the beeping machines as she glared at the tall hunk before her.

Draya walked in. "Aunt Grace I'm so sorry." She said sobbing.

Grace held her hands up to shut her. "How could you, Draya? This man is the cause of my daughter's predicament yet you let him come close to her? The hell Draya? Don't you care for your friend? Don't you?" Grace was close to pulling out her hair as she turned and saw Avatia's fingers moving. "See? See what he did to your friend. Go call a doctor. Now." Grace said, but it was just an excuse to drive the young girl away before she vomited the words she was eager to say to Dreidan. There were emergency buttons in the room but she needed to talk to this man alone.

The moment Draya stepped out, she leaned on the door and placed her hand over her chest. It wasn't to eavesdrop, she just wanted to calm herself down but she placed her palms on her mouth when she heard Grace's voice.

Meanwhile, back in the room, Grace looked at Dreidan from head to toe and back, in a spiteful way and before she could stop herself, she gave him a solid slap. Dreidan was not taken aback, actually, he saw that coming. He knew he deserved it and much more. "You bastard. Moron. Asshole. The nerve of you to show your filthy ugly face here after all you did to my child."

Dreidan was actually holding himself. He had never wanted this to happen to Avatia. She was the only one who could bring out the humane part of him. She was the only one who could give him the peace his heart was craving for. "Grace you have to know that I didn't want this to happen."

"It doesn't matter Mr. Mafia man. It doesn't freaking matter. Right now, I'll tell you this just once. You would leave. Leave for good. I'll call my lawyers and a restraining order will be sent to your house tomorrow morning. I do not want to ever see you near my child. Never. Mark my words Mr. Vaughn, you do not want to see my mad state. You do not want to know what an angry mother can do to the man who hurt her only child. You may be way way richer than I am, but it's not going to stop me from fighting you if you ever show your face to my child. Leave now." Grace said as tears rolled down her cheeks. Seeing her child suffer was even worse than when her dear husband died. "Mr Vaughn, I said now."

Dreidan's heart was breaking. This was the same thing that happened when Nevaeh died. Her parents had never approved of him in the first place and when their daughter died, they hated him. He was called a monster. He was called a devil. He was called a beast. Why did this always have to happen to him? Why did he always have to suffer so much pain. First was his mother. He'd watched his father kill her when he was so young. Then Nevaeh came and showed him so much love than he could have ever asked for. She even gave him a baby. And again, Leo killed her. He wasn't even able to carry his child in his arms. And now, when he'd started feeling loved by the angel laying before him, another tragedy just had to befall him. And right before him, her mother was telling him he wasn't worthy of her daughter's love. Just what had he done to deserve so much tragedy in his lifetime? He looked at Avatia's body again, the machines were still beeping and her fingers were still moving. He ignored her mother's glare and walked over to her bed. He looked at her beautiful face and whispered... "I'll come back for you, princess. No one would stop me. I promise you that." Then he bowed his head and walked away.

The moment he left the room, the doctor and nurses came rushing in. He stopped by Draya. "Take care of my girl, will you?"

Draya saw love in his eyes. She had heard everything aunt Grace told him before she'd rushed to the nurses station. She felt bad for the man who stood in front of her. Everyone thought he was a cold heartless monster, including herself. But Avatia thought otherwise. And now, looking into his eyes, she also saw that he was just a man who needed so much love. She couldn't hold herself as she walked closer to him and hugged him as a few tears escaped from her eyes. "I will, sir. I promise you that. Take care of yourself too, because I know my best friend loves you so much and would not want anything happening to you." She told him before pulling away, wiping her tears with the back of her hands. "I'm sorry for hugging you." She apologized. After all, he was still a mafia boss. She chuckled sadly at her silly thoughts.