Chapter 30

DREIDAN'S POV

I started walking away from her. I needed to be far away from her. I needed to think and think really hard. I didn't understand why I felt this huge knot in my chest. It felt like I was letting my guards down. Why did it seem like she was replacing my princess? She fucking reminded me a lot about Nevaeh. So beautiful, so naive, so stubborn, always had the courage to talk back at me, rolled her eyes when I said something she wasn't okay with and she even stuck her tongue out at me. But most especially, she had a heart of gold, just like Nevaeh. It was scary how both had a lot of similar traits. Blondes, blue eyes, plump lips, big boobs, wide hips,a big butt, so short and every other thing. Why did it feel like she was reliving my Nevaeh.

You can't let that happen Dre, your heart belongs to Nevaeh and her only. Dead or alive. Don't let this girl come in. She's not good for you.

Is that really what you want? I think Ana was right. Give it a shot first. Avatia is a nice girl.

My mind was saying a completely different thing from my heart, if at all I still had a heart. Before Nevaeh came into my life, I had always been that cold blooded beast who killed for pleasure. That monster that even the cops kept my identity hidden for national security. That monster that never smiled unless he was killing somebody. Yes. That was the monster that my father made my brother, Alessandro and I become. Then Nevaeh came in. She brought smiles and happiness along. I wondered what I did to deserve such a sweet naive girl. I was used to random fucks. Never ever known love. But she showed me love. She'd always dreamt of being a princess so I made her one. I made her my princess. And just when things couldn't get any better than they already were, she was murdered. Killed with no mercy. And the worst thing was, she was pregnant with my child. When she died, I wondered what good life could offer. It had already taken away the best part of my life. I went back to the beast I was, only to come across another princess. No way. I had to stop myself from thinking about her because I knew what could happen to her if she was with me. I was not good and deserving of such people. They were too good for the monster that I was.

A part of me wanted to look at Avatia the same way I looked at Nevaeh. Call her princess till she turned out to be my real princess. But I knew it was only going to break me at the end. I couldn't compare them. It wasn't even fair to Avatia that I compare her with a dead girl. She was a good person. An angel. I was a monster and monsters had to be far away from angels. Even if it was going to make me regret later on, I had to let go off Avatia. For her own good. Before I could eventually fall for her. Or had I already fallen for her? Hell no!

If you ask me, I think you should try and see where all this goes rather than thinking you're not good for her.

I shook my head. I had to reason with my head and not my heart. Reasoning with the heart are for weaklings.

I didn't want to risk the life of her and her mother, that was why I had to get them far away from me as possible.

_________________________

AVATIA's POV

I knew he wasn't going to eat the food when he didn't even turn around. I walked back to the dining room and cleared the table, putting the food in the microwave. I just hoped he was gonna eat it. I helped Ana round the house to stop myself from thinking so much about him. That was only after I drank her herbal tea under her watchful eyes.

I was glad at how time passed. Soon, Ana left and I retired to my room. I hadn't eaten since morning. I didn't have the appetite to eat.

I showered and wore my transparent nightie. I couldn't stop thinking about my mother. Had he found her already? Was she in good shape? Where was she? All these questions kept disturbing me and I realized I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. I looked at the digital clock in the room. 9:50 p.m. already? Why did time fly so fast. Not like it bothered me anyway. I needed a glass of milk if I was gonna sleep tonight. I did not see the need of wearing a robe since I knew no one was going to see me like this. Mr. Black was probably asleep already and the guards didn't get into the house.