Chapter 14

_______________________________________

Avatia's POV.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I knew this guy was loaded but $300,000 for 4 days every week for three weeks was just too much. I can't accept this. Mom would think I've joined a stealing group and robbed a bank or something. Using the opportunity that she was still fast asleep, I stepped out of the house and thankfully a cab was just passing. I hailed it and gave the black guy the address. He gave me a 'that's- a -pretty -rich -area -young- lady' look but I was thankful he kept his comment to himself. I sent my hand into my clutch and held the envelope tightly. As much as this is tempting, I can't accept it. It's too much for me. I hope he's not gonna stay out considering he went somewhere else when Cheng came to pick me up. The driver pulled up in front of the familiar mansion I've grown used to. I handed him a crumpled $30 note and got out.

"Its $40 miss." He said looking me up and down.

I grudgingly pulled out some more money and handed it to him, turning around and answering the 1000 questions I always answer to these security men. For crying out loud they should be used to me by now. When I was done with them, I walked up to the mansion and was surprise to see I was alone. Where did Leo go to? Anyways, I made myself comfortable and I didn't realize I was so tired till I fell asleep on the plush couch. I woke up to the sound of people talking loudly outside. It wasn't English. Somewhere along the lines of..... Was it Spanish? No! Italian. I got it. That was Italian. The voices became bolder each second and I noticed one voice belonged to Mr. Black and the other, I couldn't recognize. I adjusted in my seat, smoothening my hair in the process. When the voices were just few steps away, I heard the two words I least expected to hear from Mr. Black. "Kill them."

I froze and then they stepped in. It was then I remembered the other person. It was Roberto and he was holding a gun. I took a step back as fear clouded my eyes. He noticed my action as he slipped the gun into his back pocket.

"What the fuck are you doing here Avatia?" Came an angry Mr. Black's voice.

I totally forgot what I had to say. I became a stuttering mess. "I--I ca- came to you know?___"

"Step out for a bit Roberto." He said to Roberto, seeming unfazed by the gun. Once Roberto left, he turned back to me. "What's wrong. Is the money small?"

My mouth dropped again. Is the dude for real?

"As a matter of fact sir, its too much. That's why I'm here. $300,000 is more than my house rent for a year. I can't accept this much. Thanks a lot but here's your money."

I had to get out of this house and never return. This people dealt with guns. My eyes watered and I knew the waterworks were about to begin. I placed the money on the coffee table and was about to fly out when his hands shot out and grabbed me.

"Don't leave."

Okay dear Avatia, mommy, Kenny and Draya all love you. You've heard this guy decree someone's death so now you can't leave or live. Here comes your own death.

A tear slipped out. "Please don't kill me, Sir. I'd leave and never return."

He looked at me. Like real looking then he suddenly burst out laughing. He laughed so hard that it scared me even more. But he was the handsomest man I ever saw. His eyes lighted up and his dimples popped out.

"Kill you? Why would I kill you?" He asked calming down from his laughing fit. "As a matter of fact, I want to take a picture of you right now. Remember I told you you look like a cat when you're mad, well I wasn't wrong. But when you're terrified, you look like a wet cat. Its cute though."

I'm actually supposed to get angry right now. Like really get angry. This man literally insulted me. But on the contrary I'm thankful because he won't kill me.

He cleared his throat and went back to his earlier mood. Pissed. "Why don't you want to accept the money. I know you're clearly trying to impress your mother and save her the stress of paying for your tuition and all that shit. That money's gonna help a great deal."

I looked up at him. "How'd you know all that? "

He took a step closer to me and I took a step backwards. "I own America sweetheart. I know everything that goes on."

I gulped. I don't know what got into me but I asked the question that's been troubling me since he got here. "Who are you going to kill."

He gave me a dangerous look. "That's none of your fucking business."

I flinched at his harshness.

His look became softer and he ran his fingers through his perfectly combed hair. "Fine. I'm.... What's the word? Sorry? But I'm not answering your question."

My eyes widened. Did he just apologize? No! I must have heard wrongly. I looked at his face keenly. Oh my goodness. Its for real, he apologized to me. But I can't let him kill someone. "Please don't do it. I beg of you, killing is a sin. You're a Christian right."

His soft look then turned sad. He ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm getting revenge for what they did to her." He said calmly as he took a seat and face palmed.

I felt like he was about to open up to me. "What happened. Talk to me."

He gave me a sad look. It pained me to see him this way. "Just leave Avatia. Leave."

Sometimes, feelings don't count. He wasn't going to open up to me. "I can't leave you like this, you can talk to me."

The sadness soon turned to anger. "Leave goddamit."

I scurried off. I knew something was wrong. And I just had to help the man I'd started feeling something strange for.

_______________________________________

So the Mafia leader apologized huh? And started opening up. Wonder why he stopped though?