Chapter 57

DREIDAN'S POV

"I'm sorry, but we lost her."  The doctor said and my heart stopped beating. He's joking. He has to be joking.

I clear my throat. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

The doctor looks over at an already wailing Grace. "I'm really sorry ma'am, sir. We really tried everything we could but her body was too weak. We did our best but her body and heart were to weak from the shock."

The same feeling from years ago coursed through my veins. Dejavú. No no no. It can't happen again. Not when I've gotten used to her. They want to take her away? They took my Nevaeh. Now they want Avatia too? Never.

Without thinking twice, I grabbed his collar and start choking him. "Tell me you're joking, you bastard. You're lying. You're freaking lying to me. Say it. Avatia's alive. My girl is alive."

The doctor was coughing violently but I did not care. "You bastard, you're lying to me. Go in there and tell Avatia that I'm waiting for her. She has to stop playing pranks on me." My heart was breaking with each passing second.

The doctor coughed continously. "I'm really sorry Mr. Vaughn. But Avatia really is dead. There's nothing I can do about it."

I pushed him to the wall and started throwing punches his way.

****

ALESSANDRO'S POV

I jerk up from my slumber as I hear Dreidan's voice. Who's he yelling at, at this time? I try to sleep again but he yells louder and I shoot up from bed. Fuck it man. I need some rest. The girl from last night drained me. I looked at the clock. 4:27 A.M.

I groan as I walk to his room. I open the door to find him tangled in his sheets, panting and punching the air.

"Say it, you fucker. Tell me she's not dead." He yells and then I realize he's having a nightmare.

I walk over to his bed and pat his shoulders. "Dre, brother. Wake up dude."

He doesn't respond so I shake him violently. "Wake up man. What the fuck?"

He slowly opens his eyes and grabs my collars, pushing me behind. I push him back too. "Its just me, dude. Stop acting weird."

When he realizes it's me, he calms down and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Can guess it was about Avatia. What's up man, you're turning into jelly because of this girl. You've barely had nightmares since Nevaeh died. What's happening to you?" I ask him as I walk to the refrigerator in his room and pull out a bottle of water, tossing it to him.

He walks to his laptop and turns it on, looking at Avatia's sleeping body. He sighs in relief and drinks some of the water.

"See, she's fine. And look, that pretty friend of hers is in there with her. They're both asleep. Chill out bro." I tell him as I sit on his couch. I'm beginning to worry about him. "Wanna talk about the dream?"

He just shrugs.

I watch as he goes over to his bathroom and walk out a few minutes later, water dripping from his face. "Get dressed bro, we're fucking up André's life now."

I smirk. "Now you're talking. Except I'm too tired."

He stops and looks at me. "Do I fucking look like I care? It's now or never. I won't be at peace if that mo'fucker is still roaming out there. Call Mario and the guys, tell them to get André to the armory by five. I'll call Roberto to meet us there."

****

WRITER'S POV

André groaned once he heard his doorbell. Who the fuck could it be at this time? He looked at the red haired girl from the club last night. She wasn't even that good as he expected. A waste of money, time and energy, he thought to himself as the doorbell rang again.