Chapter 65

WRITER'S POV

All heads turned towards Avatia, with either wide eyes or opened mouths.

"Why is no one talking? Who is the man?" Avatia inquired again. But was greeted with silence again. "And why is he coming to take me?"

Grace sobbed quietly. "Its no one honey."

Hearing that answer, Draya's head snapped towards Grace. Why was the elderly woman hell bent on keeping the truth from her own daughter?Wouldn't it be better if Avatia just knew the truth?

Well, Avatia could tell it was a lie. "It can't be no one. I need to know who this man is." She turned to Draya. "You said you're my best friend and would always tell me the truth, right?"

Draya looked away in guilt, her eyes tearing up. She nodded.

"Go on, tell me. Who is Dreidan whatsoever and why does he want to take me away?" Avatia pushed again, this time, staring intently at Draya. "Why don't you all just tell me already? Don't you see? I'm tired of living like this. I'm tired of forcing my brain to remember certain things. I'm tired of the nightmares. I'm tired of seeing you all as strangers. I'm tired of seeing myself as a stranger whenever I look at the mirror. I'm tired of trying to figure out this mess that is my life. I'm really really tired. So if any of you here really do care for me as you all say, then just tell me everything I need to know. Don't you see, I need closure..." She ended, sobbing hysterically at this point. "I'm done already. So just tell me who the fuck he is and stop keeping secrets from me again."

Both Draya and Grace gasped. Not because of all the things Avatia said, but because it was the first time she'd used a foul word. She hated cussing with a passion. The situation must really be eating her up if she used the 'f' word.

"Dreidan is the man whom you once loved." Draya blurted out unintentionally and tried to avoid the glare Grace sent her way. "I'm sorry Avatia. I'm sorry you had to go through so much because of love."

That was the last thing Avatia had expected to hear. "The man whom I once loved?"

Draya nodded and wiped a tear that had rolled down her eyes. She turned to Grace. "I'm sorry aunt Grace. I know it's not my position to tell Avatia this but believe me, she needs to learn the truth if you want her to get better. I want my friend to get better and if telling her the whole truth is going to help her, then I'm sorry again, I'll have to go against your order and tell her everyt..."

"Get out." Grace said through gritted teeth. "Get out of my house." She said as she pointed at the door. The older woman was just being selfish and overly protective. She didn't care about hiding the truth from her only child. She just wanted Avatia all to herself. Avatia was all she had after her husband died.

Avatia stepped in. "If she leaves, I'm going with her."

Grace's eyes widened. "No baby. Do not go with her. I'm doing this for your own good, Ava. That man whom you think is a good man is evil. I didn't want you to find out about that guy because everything about him is trouble. Don't you know, I was kidnapped and locked up because of him. You were kidnapped as well...and as horrific as this sounds, you were locked up in a freezer."

Avatia gasped. She couldn't believe her ears. "What?"

"My dear I just want to protect you. You're my only child and the only one who reminds me of Ishmael, your late father. Avatia honey you've got to believe me."

Avatia's head was starting to spin from all this information. She did not understand. Were they all saying the truth? Could she have been foolish to love a man who kidnapped her mother, as well as kidnapped her too and locked her up in a freezer? She placed her hands on her temple.