Chapter 27

Before anything, I want to say a big thank you to everyone for the 500 votes. I'm so happy. I hope it reaches a thousand some day. I see you guys enjoyed Dre's POV so I'm up for another one. Here you go, enjoy.

__________________________________

DREIDAN'S POV

I could hear the dogs barking and I smiled to myself. I knew what was happening. Grace looked at me nervously. "Stay right here ma'am, I'll be back soon."

She nodded nervously and I walked out to see three dead bodies. Roberto was laughing hysterically. "You're sick, you know?"

He laughed again. "Says the guy who killed a whole family with a snakes venom because they spoke about his club."

I smirked. "They deserved it. Anyways, clear this area and get the car ready. I don't want Grace to freak out once she sees this. Do it right now."

Roberto nodded. "Sure thing boss man."

I went in to see Grace. She'd been crying. "It's still surprising how you knew just where to find me but I'm so grateful. I heard them say they were going to kill me today and go in search of my daughter."

My eyes darkened immediately. Like hell they would. "Don't you worry 'bout a thing now. They're no longer a threat to you."

"How come?" She asked with a hint of surprise in her voice.

"They're dead."

She gasped.

"Don't worry, I didn't kill them, the cops did." I couldn't tell her I killed them cause she was going to pass out from fear. She was just as naive and fragile as her daughter.

She nodded in understanding. "That means we have to file a case. But what about my baby? Where's she? Is she safe?"

I gave her a tired smile. I guess it was some sort of gene. She asked a lot of questions just like Avatia. "Yes ma'am. She's safe. And she's in Italy."

Her eyes widened in surprise. "Italy?"

I nodded. "Come on, let me get you out of this place and we can talk more later."

She nodded and we walked out, Roberto driving us to the mansion. I was wise enough to talk to Roberto strictly in Italian. "La porterò alla villa. La sua casa non è al sicuro." (I'll take her to the mansion. Her house isn't safe.)

Roberto gave me a quick look before diverting his attention back to the road. "Questa è una buona idea, ma non le farebbe molte domande a riguardo?" (That's a good idea, but would she not ask a lot of questions?)

I shrugged and looked out of the window. "Lei lo farebbe, ma non mi importa." (She would, but it's not like I care.) I took out my phone and went through some information. "Sono solo preoccupato per la loro sicurezza." (I'm only concerned about their safety.)

Roberto looked at me again and I rolled my eyes.

I knew what was going through his mind already. "Quando tutto sarebbe finito, li sto rinviando a Ohio." (When everything would be alright, I'm sending them back to Ohio.) I said, looking out the window again.

He smiled and changed the gear, turning at a round about. "That sure sounds a lot like caring. I don't know why you're acting all tough."

I rolled my eyes again. "Don't start 'Berto. I'm so tired and its almost midnight. I need to sleep." He chuckled a little bit and soon enough, we pulled up in front of the mansion.

I turned and looked at Grace who had been quiet throughout the ride. It's not like she could say anything since Roberto and I only spoke in Italian. "Ma'am you'll have to stay here for a while since your place isn't safe at the moment. Hope you don't mind." I said referring to all the guards that were standing outside.

She gave me a weak smile. "I don't mind. Besides it's not like I have a choice. What I really want now is to see my daughter."

"I'll bring her to you. Let's go in so you can rest." I said and led the way in. After entering the code, the doors unlocked. Roberto had gone to park the car.

I stopped and turned to face her but she gave me an odd look. "What?"

"I know it's none of my business but looking at you, you're so young and already this successful. A mansion, fancy cars, guards everywhere. I just want to know two things." She said calmly. I nodded for her to go on. "What do you do for a living and how do you know my daughter?"

Woah. I didn't see that one coming. I scratched my forehead and walked over to the mini bar. I know it was late for whisky but I didn't care. I looked at her again and from the look on her face, she was serious about her questions.

"Look Dreidan, I'm grateful for you saving my life and all, what I do not understand is how you knew where to find me. And again, I know my daughter so well, she's intimidated by people like you. That's why I want to know how you guys became friends. And what you do for a living. Something's just don't add up."

Well some part of me was pissed because she just defined me by my wealth but I knew she was a mother and was worried about her only daughter. I inhaled calmly and sipped from the glass in my hand. "I own a chain of clubs, hotels and restaurants round the world." That's true, but she didn't need to know the other parts.

She nodded for me to go ahead.

I really didn't know what to tell her about Avatia. My head was already hurting. I needed rest. I didn't sleep throughout last night till this morning and eventually throughout the day. I needed rest considering I had taken drugs this morning.

"Dreidan is that you?" We both turned to see Jade coming down the stairs. Perfect timing Jade. I had no answer to give the woman concerning her daughter. "Oh, you didn't tell me you were coming. And you even have company." She walked over to Grace and smiled. "Hi, I'm Jade."

"Grace. Nice to meet you." The older lady smiled warmly.

Jade walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "This is Avatia's mom." I told her.

She gave me a weird look, raising her brows which clearly meant ~first Avatia, now her mother?~

I smiled nervously. "I'll take Grace to her room then meet you in a bit so we can talk. I said before walking away with AVATIA's mom.

__________________________

Do vote and comment your thoughts.

Love,
Thelma❤️