Chapter 19

I'm busy preparing for college. I'm doing this so bare with the typos😕. Besides, have you checked out my other book???! If you haven't, please do when you're done with this chapter.

Here you go....ENJOY....

_________________________________________

AVATIA'S POV

"So.....he's really good looking..." Mom said once I shut the door. Thank goodness he's gone. "I kinda like him better than your other friend, Leo. "

I try hard not to roll my eyes at her matchmake. "Well too bad for you mom, I'm not interested in either of them."

She frowned a little. "Well sweetheart, it's good to find love. You'd soon be 22 darling. No harm in trying right?"

I wasn't in the mood for her silliness right now. My only concern was what he told her exactly and how she didn't recognize him as Dreidan Vaughn. "So what did he tell you?" I asked, treading wisely.

"Oh, your friend? Nothing much. We just spoke a little on global warming since when he got here, the room temperature was too high."

That's what they spoke about? "So that's it? Basically everything you spoke about?"

She nodded.

"So did he tell you his name?"

She nodded again. "Yeah. He said his name is Dreidan Mochino. Well I've heard of a name similar to that, I just can't trace it back. What's with the interrogation sweetie? Is anything wrong?"

I shook my head in denial. "No mom. I'd just be in my room if you need me." I said kissing her cheek and heading upstairs.

Oh Mr. Black, what are you getting me into?

****

So as usual, I filled Kenny and Draya in with the latest. Well those two always have the weirdest ideas and advices to offer but still, they're the best.

"I think you should go over to his mansion tomorrow and have a reasonable conversation with him." Draya said.

That's not even an option. "His girlfriend's gonna be there, remember?" I reasoned out.

"We're not exactly sure she's his girlfriend, sweetie." Kenny spoke up this time. "For once I agree with Dray. Maybe you need to talk with him and know why he thinks you're in danger. It's better safe than sorry."

This is practically the first time this two agree on something. Maybe I should go ahead with their advice. "Fine, but I won't stay there for long. Enough of me, Draya, how was your day?"

*****

Once the cab pulled to a stop at the gate, I got out and handed him a $20 bill. I got to the gate and realized the number of security men had increased. That came side by side with the interrogation. I spent about ten minutes trying to identify myself. Once I was done with them, I walked the endless driveway thinking of everything I had to tell Mr. Black. When I reached the door, I rang the bell and Leo showed up.

"Ava. How are you?" He asked, looking somewhat suprised to see me.

I smiled as I stepped in. "I'm good. You?"

He smiled too. "I feel better seeing you. But I have a stronger feeling that you came to see boss. He's in his study upstairs. Go meet him then come see me."

I smiled again. "Thanks Leo." Then I made my way upstairs. I've worked here long enough to know my way around. There are fifteen bedrooms, five sitting rooms, two study rooms and two kitchens. There's also and indoor pool. A theatre and of course, my arts room. When I reached his study, the door was slightly open so I peeked in. What I saw knocked off the air in me.

Was I dreaming? Oh God I better be dreaming. Mr Vaughn and his girlfriend were bent over a table that was filled with white powder. That was coke. Only a fool would have no idea on what they were doing. And then those guns on the table. I felt my head spinning. My brain stopped functioning. I turned to leave but stopped at the high pitched voice.

"I don't know why you're dragging her into all of these Dre. You know what might happen to her." She said. I was actually suprised that she spoke in English.

Mr. Black inhaled deeply. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I peeked in again. Mr. Black was so into what he was doing that he didn't even notice his girlfriend add more coke onto the table. "I just think it's wrong cause now, they're not only after her, they're after her mom."

I quickly closed my mouth, preventing a gasp from escaping. So Mr. Black was right. Mom and I were in danger.

"I have a feeling Garret Monthilvo is behind this. I'mma chop off his balls if he drags her into this. Illusions is my club. That fucker doesn't expect me to sell it to him. I've got a bad feeling about all of this." Mr. Black said.

Who's Garret Monthilvo?

And why am I in trouble.

"And now that I think of it, I feel like he's the one who killed her."

Mr. Black's girlfriend finger combed her hair, unintentionally putting some coke there. "Its about time you forget about her. It's been four years Dre. I thought you moved on already. Let that wound heal." The beauty queen said. Who could ever think she had a heart.

And who's this 'her' I always hear him say.

"I'm gonna kill Monthilvo. I just need some time to prove he killed my girl. Just some more time. I swear he's gonna regret why he didn't die in his mother's womb." I heard Mr. Black say in a strained voice. He looked so sad and it hurt to see someone I thought was this strong have a broken heart.

His girlfriend placed her palm on his back. "I'm here for you Dre. I'll always be here for you."

Dre looked at her with so much adoration, it hurt to look at them. They looked so good together. I wished it was me he looked at like that. "I know Jade. I know you'd always be there but you've got your own life to live. You've got other responsibilities. You've always been there since we were kids. And for that, you'd always have a special place right here." He said placing his hand on his chest.

She kissed him. A full blown kiss. "I love you so much Dre. I've never told you this but I do." She said seriously.

It looked like her words caught him of guard. "You what?"

She laughed so hard, and there was no argument when it came to how beautiful she looked. "Not that kind of love Dre. You're my best friend and I love you for that. Plus we're bed buddies. I'm not interested in that kind of love. I don't do relationships."

I didn't know how much tension was in me till I let her words settle in my head. It was sweet relief. And for the first time today, I smiled. It was sweet sweet relief to know they weren't in a relationship.

"And besides I know you feel something for Avatia. So I can't love you like that." I heard Jade say.

Could this day get any better.

_______________________________________

So this is the update you've been waiting for.

I'm equally relieved that Dre and Jade are just bed buddies.

And what Jade said? Mr. Black likes Avatia?

Okay....do vote and comment.

Remember not to get angry about the typos. I love you