Chapter 39

AVATIA'S POV

I pulled back and looked away from him, clearing my throat in the process. "Uhhh..." I started awkwardly.

"Strawberry mixed with Vanilla is now my new favourite flavour." I heard his deep husky voice.

I turned back, facing him. I knew my cheeks were so red. "Huh?"

"You heard me. Aside from the fact that it taste so good on its own, it taste even better on you." He said, a sly smile playing on his lips.

My eyes widened, my mouth hung open and I blushed even harder. "Huh?"

He chuckled and raised his hands in surrender. "In my defence, I didn't kiss you, I just licked the corner of your talkative mouth. I never knew it could render you speechless. I'm glad I discovered that. Now, if you keep talking so much, like you always do, I'd lick you." He said playfully and winked.

I hurriedly stood up and walked over to a little boy with so many car toys sprawled around him. He looked to be around four and alone. "Hey little man, how you doing?"

He looked at me then turned back to his toys. My mouth hung low. This kid just ignored me. I shyly looked around, hoping no one saw me. I reddened in embarrassment.

But of course, nothing goes unnoticed by Mr. Perfect. I rolled my eyes as he laughed at me hysterically. My heart skipped a bit just looking at him. This guy was the epitome of perfection. He even had dimples on both cheeks.

He held his stomach while laughing at me. I turned fifty shades redder out of embarrassment. Even the people close to us had to look. Urghh!! "Oh my goodness princess. Now I know I'm not the only one who gets bored by your voice." He said, teasing me.

I looked away, in humiliation. "Its all because of you. If only you didn't lick me."

He groaned and his eyes darkened. "Ohhh....princess that's so kinky. I never perked you for one who says such." He said, smirking.

What did I say? Was there something wrong with my statement?

He spoke to the child in Italian and the kid responded happily. Well at least the kid made it clear that he preferred Mr. Black over me. So much for trying to be friendly with a four year old.

"Don't feel embarrassed because the kid didn't talk back to you. He doesn't understand English." Mr. Black said, amusement lingering in his voice. "And here I was, thinking he was bored by your voice. My bad."

I rolled my eyes and started walking away. He soon joined me and I shoved his jackets in his arms. "There. Carry it. That's for laughing at me."

He cracked up again. Laughing at me. Urghhh. "You're so cute and childish."

"I'm not childish." I defended myself, crossing my arms in front of me. "Its you. You're too old and have no idea on fun. That's why you think I'm childish."

He frowned. "I know what fun is."

It was my turn to tease him.  "Ha! Your idea of fun is probably walking around in your backyard with a glass of wine."

His frown deepened and he pouted . "Avatia stop it. I know what fun is."

I giggled. He looked more handsome pouting. "Okay okay. Tell me what you do for fun."

"I paint." He stated matter of factly.

My eyes widened. "What? Mr. Bl__ I mean Dre. You paint for fun?"

He nodded. "It gives me peace of mind."

It dawned on me that this guy standing by me lacked knowledge on socializing.  I stopped walking and stood in front of him, tilting my head to look into his eyes. I placed my palms on his chest and he gave me a puzzled look. "Dre, I understand that painting gives you peace of mind, but I don't see what's fun in it if you do it all by yourself. There's a difference between what's fun and what gives you peace of mind."