Chapter 49

AVATIA'S POV

"You sure you can do this?" Draya asked from the other line. The call was on loud speaker since Kendal was with me.

"I know, right. I mean going to see him after a month....he must have changed back to the ruthless monster he was, no longer your friendly monster." Kenny said and Draya giggled.

I shot dagger glares at him. "You shut up. Dre is not a monster. He's just a guy with a very rough past." I defended him.

"Eeekk...someone hates it when we talk about her lover. Who doesn't even love her in return. You even baked a cake for him." Draya teased and I rolled my eyes.

I grabbed my jacket. "Whatever you say. I'm going. Bye Draya." I ended the call and turned to Kenny. "Tell mommy I went to see a 'friend', get that?" I told him as if I was talking to a junior brother.

"Only on one condition. You get me chocolate on your way back."

I nodded. "Deal."

He gave me his cutest smile. "Deal. Don't forget the cake. I hope he likes it though. We spent all morning baking it."

I smiled. "He'll definitely love it. He just has to." I said confidently and walked out.

****

"I said you can't go in. The boss doesn't accept visitors today." The huge guard at the gate told me for the nth time.

I gave him my best puppy dog smile. "But you know me already. I worked here before. I just want to give Dre this cake." I told him as I lifted the carton up.

The man sighed in frustration. More like irritation. "Aren't you listening? The boss doesn't want to see anyone."

"Just call him and let him know I'm here...if he refuses, then I'd go away. I promise." I reasoned out.

The guard gave me a look which told me he didn't believe I'd go if Dre refused to see me.

I smiled. "I promise." I said, a plan forming in my mind.

He sighed and took out his phone. It rang for a few seconds before Dreidan picked up. "Sorry for disturbing you boss, but____"

I took that as my cue to put my plan into action. "Dre, Dre it's me, Avatia. Please let me in, I just want to give you something." I yelled and ignored the guard who told me to shut up. "Please Dre, pleaseeeee. I won't go away if you don't let me in. Please let me in."

Then automatically, I shut up and waited for Dre to give orders to the guard. I knew he'd let me in. I just knew it.

The guard spoke in Italiano for about a minute before ending the call and turning to me. I gave him a sheepish smile. More like victorious smile. "So...? Can I go in now?" I asked, trying to hide my victorious smile.

He muttered something, glared at me and nodded.

I couldn't hold in my giggle. "Don't you worry big guy, I'm gonna tell your boss to save some cake for you. Ciao." I said and walked in. I knew Dre wouldn't have sent me away. But if he did, that would have been really embarrassing. I giggled at my own silly thoughts as I walked through the long drive way.

I let myself in after knocking three times and getting no answer. The house looked so empty, like there was no one in. "Leo." I called out. No reply. Guess Dre really wants to have his privacy today. Poor guy, he must be so devastated. "Mr. Black...." I called out. No answer.

Oh my, what if he's having a major breakdown like the one he had back in Italy. I started to panick. I rushed to his room, but he wasn't there. "Dre..." I yelled.