Chapter 31

AVATIA'S POV

I tiptoed to the door and tried to listen to what he was saying. Luck was not on my side since he spoke in another language, I think Russian or something, cause it didn't sound like Italian. He nodded at what the person on the phone was saying, his hold on that penknife increasing.  He finally said something in English. "Don't kill him, I'll love to do the honours myself. I'll be there in forty-five minutes."

I closed my mouth with my hands trying not to gasp. What in the world was wrong with this guy? He killed people as if it meant nothing.

My breath hitched when he turned to me. "I'm not done with you yet. Don't even thinking of running away, else you forget about your mom." He said in an angry voice and walked towards his room, to prepare for his mission, I presume.

After sometime, he walked back downstairs, he'd changed his clothes from black shorts to black long pants and had worn a black jacket. Why was he obsessed with black? He looked at me for sometime, and I blushed because I noticed that his eyes rested a bit on my boobs. Oh God, why did I choose a skimpy nightie in the name of my boss would be asleep? I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and gulped. I thought he was gonna say something but he just walked away, breaking my heart in the process because I knew he was going to commit murder.

I couldn't sleep at all, even with the milk I drank earlier. I was worried about my mom. Where in the world was she staying? What did Mr. Black tell her? And now he wants us to go back to Ohio? Where memories of dad would keep distracting us?

Then there was Mr. Black himself? I had a bad feeling about his outing. I just couldn't shake it off,  despite how hard I tried. Why did such a handsome man have to be so heartless? Who was Nevaeh and what did she do to him to make him so bitter? I turned and turned in bed, trying to fight this insomnia. I checked the clock. 3:38 a.m. and he still wasn't back. As if on cue, I heard the familiar sound of his car pull up and the loud bang from shutting the door roughly. I hurried to my window and peeked out.

A gasp left my mouth as I saw him struggling. A guard helped him stand up. From what I could see, he was bleeding from his right side. Oh my goodness,  what happened to him? Without thinking twice, I rushed downstairs and when he looked up at me, he rolled his eyes. Always the rude one.

"What are you doing up at...urgghh...this time?" He asked, clearly in pain.

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "You're slowly dying and your concern is why I'm awake?" I asked.  I walked over to the guard. "You can leave him now, I'll take it from here."

The guard nodded and left his arm. I wanted to touch him but he pulled away. "Don't touch me, I don't need your help." He spat out.

"Not only rude, but egoistic as well." I muttered under my breath

"I heard that." He said angrily.

I rolled my eyes again. "You always hear everything. Not strange."

He tried to walk away but cussed in pain. I took a good look and realized it was a gun shot wound and it was on his right arm. I hurried towards him. "Oh my goodness. What in the world happened to you?" He didn't answer but I didn't care either. "You need help. We need to go to a hospital."

"Can you just shut up for once? And no, I'm not going to any damn hospital, so mind your own business." He said harshly and I flinched.

I let go off his arm that I had put across my shoulders, ready to take him to his room. "Fine, proud head. Here I am trynna help you and you're acting all tough? Have it your way." I scoffed and walked to my room, banging the door in the process. That guy needed help psychologically. He clearly wasn't okay. Who has a gun shot wound and refuses medical assistance or help? He could rot in pain for all I care. All I care about right now is him taking me back to Manhattan.

Really Avatia, you're just gonna let him die of pain? Two wrongs can't make a right. He's the proud one here, you're the humble one. He needs help. And you're the only one who can help him now.

I hated my inner girl for always pricking my conscience. But she was right. The guy clearly needed help. Letting go of my pride, I grabbed my short pink robe and wore it, walking my way to his room. I knocked and without waiting for his response, I got in.

The sight in front of me shocked me. There he was, standing in front of his wall sized mirror.  He had a pair of medical scissors in his left hand and he was about to send it in his arm. "Let me help you."

"I said I don't need your help." He retorted.

Be humble girllll.

"Please. Just let me help you." He was about to say something but I cut him off. "If I help you, I promise I won't ask you any question again. Ever."

That seemed to get his attention. "Never ever?"

I nodded. "Yup. No questions."

He sighed and signalled that I should come over and handed me the scissors. "Don't kill me, cause I know you and you're way too clumsy for my liking."

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his insults. The guy would never change. "This might hurt a little. I hope you sterilized this scissors though."

"I did sterilize it. And as for the pain, just go on with what you can do. It can't possibly hurt more than it hurts now." He said casually.

I smirked. Tough guy. I took my time to look at  where exactly the bullet was, then slowly inserted the scissors in his arms, he groaned in pain. I wonder how he isn't shedding a tear or screaming cause if I was in his shoes, the last neighbours in the block would testify that I'm the loudest screamer. I carefully held the bullet with the scissors and slowly pulled it out. A lot of blood was oozing out. "I'm sorry you're in pain." I said when he groaned again.

I took out the gauze  and cleaned his wound, then I poured some spirit on it. He screamed a little. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. At least he's a human being since he can feel pain. I treated the wound just the way my mom had taught me, in cases of emergencies. Who would have thought I could stitch a human beings body? But I did. I treated the wound well and covered it with a white bandage. Then used another bandage and held his arms passing it over his head. He won't be able to point that pen knife at me anymore with an immobile hand. Ha! One point for me.

When I was done, I took the things I used to his super large bathroom, came out and cleaned the blood where we stood and washed up, disinfecting the place. "I know you feel better now even if you declined my help." I teased him with a smile. I on the other hand, felt better helping him out. "And I also know you won't tell me what happened to you, but that doesn't matter, I'm gonna mind my own business. However, you need to take some pain killers and antibiotics so you can feel better. Good night sir." I told him and started walking out, a small smile on my lips.

"Thank you princess." I halted almost immediately and turned around. Did the almighty Dreidan Mochino Vaughn just tell me 'thank you'? He's never said that. I didn't even expect that from him that was why I was walking away.

I smiled a little. "Even though I know you didn't mean that, or I'm probably hallucinating, either ways, you're welcome." I mused with a bright smile.

He smiled at me, holding his arms. "No really. You're not hallucinating. And I meant what I said. Thank you."

Oh boy! Was it just me or did my heart just skip a bit in joy?

___________________________________

That's how it always starts. First was 'sorry' and now it's 'thank you' with a smile? 😏😏

Ava tell us what you're doing to our Mr. Black?😂😂

Vote for this chapter if you liked it and leave a comment.😆😆

Love,
Thelma❤️