Chapter 48

Please do me a favour by recommending this book to your friends and family.

______________________________

DREIDAN'SPOV

"Cossì cazzo." (you're so fucked up.) I spat out as I kicked Naziz on his stomach. He coughed out blood. "You're so incompetent. How could you let the police trace you. Do you fucking know how much I spent purchasing those machine guns? Have any fucking idea, punk ass?"

I couldn't believe this. I knew that it was a bad idea for Roberto to entrust Naziz, who he thought was smart, to transport the guns I'd bought from the German black market. I don't even know how the cops managed to trace our transportation route, and arrested some of my men, taking my guns with them. Fuck it. I knew the men wouldn't blurt out anything about me, but I had to get them out of prison before tomorrow cause the press would start fishing for news.

I turned to Roberto. "Get the men out of prison tonight." It was going to be an easy task since we had some of our men working for the law. I had so many advantages having men working for me from inside. I diverted my attention back to Naziz. He was bleeding and looked like he was going to pass out any second. "I hate lazy ass motherfuckers like you. Say hi to the devil for me." I told him as I took out the cigarette from my mouth, squatted and blew the air on his face. "Hold on a second, I am the devil. So just go to hell. I care less." And with that, I took out my ever ready dagger and slit his throat. "Clean this up." I told the men around. He was going to pay for being a pussy.

I stood up again and called for Jade. Yes. Jade was a part of my mafia which was a good thing. She could seduce the men, distract them, or do whatever with them, to get information and it always eased our attacks. "Let's go." I said as I started walking out of my armory. She rolled her eyes, hissed and followed behind.

Jade had been acting so cold towards me. It was because I told her we had to stop fucking. We couldn't be bed buddies anymore. It just didn't feel right anymore. No matter how hard I penetrated her, she just couldn't quench the thirst for Avatia anymore. I was insatiable.

I know how lame it sounds, but I needed Avatia. And I needed her as soon as possible.

"I'm really pissed at you Dre. I still want you. I miss you." She said as I drove her to the condo she'd rented.

I sighed as I diverted my attention back to the road. "I know, Jade. Just be okay, okay? By the way, Don't come to the mansion tomorrow. I need some alone time."

I felt her palms on my lap. "I know. Just don't feel too depressed." She said, her voice sounding sad.

A month had already passed by since Avatia and I parted and tomorrow was my birthday. And it was also the day that Neveah died.

I just wanted to be alone, and show my respect to the one woman that I truly loved.

****

AVATIA'S POV

A few weeks had passed by. Thanksgiving had passed too and all the stores were stock up with Christmas gifts. André and I were now good friends, like really good friends. He'd succeeded in wiping away the little doubt I had about his insincerity. Draya was finally dating Conrad and Kenny was still dating Micheal. Everything was fine again. Well, that's what I forced my mind to believe.

As for me, I was still the girl who had an undying crush on a mafiaso. Speaking of him. Tomorrow is his birthday. I couldn't have forgotten about it because he told me on the day he opened up about
Nevaeh. And if tomorrow is his birthday, it only meant that it was Nevaeh's death anniversary. My heart ached as I knew Dre was going to have a hard time tomorrow. No one deserved to be sad on their birthday.

"You look like someone you love just passed away." Kenny who'd come to visit me said. It was my holidays already and I was back home. Mom was cooking some pasta while we were in my room.

I sighed a little. Kenny knew all about my funny relationship with Dre so it was pointless hiding it from him. "Tomorrow is Dreidan's birthday."

He gasped. "My goodness, so that murderer was born? I thought he came from....not from heaven....from....maybe hell." He said, shrieking.

"Stop it Kendal. You know I hate it when anybody talks ill of him." I told him as I shot him with my biggest pillow. "That's not even why I'm bothered. The problem is, tomorrow's Nevaeh's death anniversary."

I think that softened his heart a little. "Nevaeh? The girl he once loved?"

I nodded. "I feel bad for him. I know how hard it is for him. I feel like he's gonna need a shoulder to cry on." I told Kenny how I really felt.

He patted my shoulder. "I know. But I think that evil Jade would be with him."

I don't know why my heart skipped a bit at her name. "I know. She's gonna be with him. But you know what I want to do?"

He shook his head. "It better not be stupid though. But if you're gonna go over to his house and fuck him, I'll support you."

I rolled my eyes. "Eewww, no. I'm gonna bake him a cake, go over to his mansion tomorrow even if Jade's gonna be there, and stay with him. Cause that's what real friends do. They're there for one another."

Kenny nodded in agreement. "That's an awesome idea. Except you don't know your way round the kitchen." He teased me and we laughed.

"True, it just sounded right saying it." I told him and we laughed again. "But that's why you're gonna help sweetie."

*****

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Tomorrow. My best time of the year. Watching that douchebag rot in agony and pain. It'd been seven years since I killed that little vixen. Poor thing. I was right under his nose but he couldn't figure it out. He'd say he's searching for the murderer but he was wasting his time. Right now, what I wanted the most was for him to become closer and closer to Avatia so when I kill her too, he'll be even more broken inside. More devastated. He'd feel cursed. He didn't deserve any iota of happiness. If I couldn't be happy, then he couldn't too. I wanted him to suffer heart break well before I sent his soul to hell. He killed my wife. I was going to kill everyone he loved. I could tell he loved Avatia already. That's why he denied sleeping with Jade.

Sorry Avatia. Even though you were a nice friend to me, you'd have to follow Nevaeh.

______________________________

Heh! Who could that be. My goodness. I already feel terribly sorry for our Mr. Black and his princess. Next chapter, the birthday scene....hmmm....I'm eager for it already. Vote and comment if you're eager for it too.

Love,
Thelma❤️