Chapter 53

WRITER'S POV

As Dreidan walked past the long deserted corridors carrying an unconscious Avatia in his arms, he reached the room were Leo was. He stopped walking. The anger he had in his heart could  kill someone. He looked at Leo who was still undergoing torture from Roberto. "You are going to stay alive Leo, cause I swear, the moment I take Avatia to the hospital, I'll certainly come back for you. Pray. Just pray nothing serious happens to her."

Leo knew Dreidan. He had worked for him for a long time to know what Dreidan could do to him. He knew what Dreidan did to traitors. Leo was really pissed. He thought he hired the best men. He had worked out this plan in his head for years and to think it backfired on him in just a short time. But deep down in his heart, he was glad. He was glad that he had inflicted pain on Dreidan. He had succeeded in bringing the man pain and if Avatia was already dead, it would break him more. He was happy that he had avenged Liya. That was the aim for all this.

Dreidan looked at Roberto. "Keep him alive. I'm not done with him. He's gonna regret the day he came into this earth when I come back."

Roberto just nodded as he watched his shirtless boss carry the girl away. For the first time in years, he felt really sorry for his boss. Dreidan had barely recovered from the death of Nevaeh and just when he seemed to open up his heart to another girl, the bastard sitting right in front of him almost killed her. With anger, he lifted his big foot and sent it right to Leo's manhood with so much force that Leo thought he was going to die. He screamed so hard which earned him another punch from Roberto.

Once Dreidan's men saw him coming with an unconscious Avatia, they opened the door for him and he got in. Straight up, they sped up to the best hospital in the city in the shortest time.

******

Dreidan walked up and down the corridors of the hospital. This was a private area of the hospital which was a good thing. He didn't want people looking at him and gossiping. He ran his fingers through his hair for the nth time. The horrible feeling of  dé javu gripping him hard. He still vividly remembered pacing the corridors of the hospital years ago before that stupid doctor walked up to him and told him the worst news ever. What if this new doctor came to deliver such news again. They had been in there for about three hours already.  He knew he wouldn't be able to handle it if anything happened to Avatia. His grip on the stress ball he had picked up earlier tightened and his knuckles whitened even more.

First was Nevaeh and now Avatia? What did he ever do to that bastard?  Leo was going to pay so bad. What would he even tell Grace if Avatia died? How was he going to go about it? He shook his head to get rid of such pessimistic thoughts. But still, what if?

The doctor who just walked out gulped once he saw Dreidan. He had heard about the man and knew how dangerous he was. How was he going to deliver the terrible news he had? Mr. Vaughn looked really pissed and the doctor didn't know how to go about it. Dreidan noticed the doctors countenance and it only pissed him further. He needed to be sure that Avatia was alright. "Speak up already. She's alive right?"

The doctor slowly nodded.

Dreidan let out a breath he didn't know he was holding for hours and it felt like a heavy burden had been lifted from his shoulders. Thank goodness.

"Can I see her now?"

The poor doctor gulped again. "Mr Vaughn, there's something you should know."

Without thinking twice, Dreidan gripped the doctor's collar, shaking the man violently in the process. "You fucking said she's alive right? What do you want to tell me now? Huh? That she's going to die? Don't you even fucking dare." He finished and roughly pushed the doctor who stumbled backwards.