Chapter 72

Thank you all super much for 100k views😭😭❤❤❤❤ I've never been more grateful. I actually cried😭😭❤❤❤❤❤ thank you very much guys. Especially to those who have been here from the very beginning. I love you guys🤗❤❤❤❤

_______________________________________

WRITER'S POV

And tomorrow came pretty fast. Avatia was a nervous wreck. Draya even called Dreidan over so that he could make Avatia calm down but she just couldn't stop worrying. She knew how angry her mother was.

Grace called Draya at 8:15 AM to set up the 'meeting' which was to take place at 9:30 in her house over breakfast.

"Calm down princess, everything's gonna be good." Dreidan said while kissing the back of her hand.

She looked into his eyes. "What if she doesn't accept you? Us? You mean so much to me and I want her to give her blessings Dre."

He kissed her rosy lips to ease her raging nerves. "I love you princess. That's all that matters. If she doesn't accept me, then I'll figure out our next move. But for now, we'll just cross our fingers and hope for the best. "

"I love you too. So much. I pray my mom gives her blessings." She sighed and leaned closer to her man, inhaling his masculine cologne. That was like the best smell ever.

Draya walked into the room. "We need to get going love birds, aunt Grace is waiting for us. This is it Ava, don't be scared."

Avatia nodded and entwined her fingers with the man she loved as they all walked out.

The 40 minutes drive was deadly quiet and Dreidan drove with one hand, his other hand holding Avatia. They stopped at ADAMS to get some cheesecake and bagels. They did not want to show up empty handed. When they finally pulled up in front of the house, Avatia inhaled deeply.

"I don't think it will be a great idea for me to go in. Your mom did not invite me." Dreidan told her calmly. "I'll just wait for you out here, baby."

Avatia's eyes widened and she shook her head. "No, you need to come in. Mom has to see us together. Plus its gonna be unfair if you stay out here while we're in there having breakfast. You haven't had any food."

"I'm not complaining princess. Plus, I'm not hungry. Go on in." He flashed her a cute smile.

She pouted and gave him that sad look.

Dreidan groaned. "Don't look at me like that, baby."

She intensified the pout and sad look.

Dreidan raised his hands in mock surrender. "Fine. And if anything goes wrong , I'll pin it on you." He warned.

Draya who had been watching the show in amusement burst out laughing. "You two are the cutest. Jeez, i wish my boyfriend can give into my demands so easily."

Avatia blushed and hugged her. "Thank you so much Draya. You've helped me so much. I really appreciate your efforts."

Draya smirked proudly. "You're welcome bestie. Now lets go meet your momma." She said, walking to the door and ringing the bell.

Avatia's palms were sweaty and when the door was opened, she almost jumped. She was more than relieved to see it was her grandmother. "Nonna." She exclaimed in joy.

Ohh dear, the grandmother was surprised. She stepped back. "Sweet baby Jesus, Ava, you did not just call me 'nonna', did you? I thought Grace said you couldn't remember anything or anyone. Or was i dreaming? Maybe i was, the meds I've been taking recently keep making me dose off, they are the cause of ___"