Chapter 16

Dreidan's POV

"What the fuck are you doing here Avatia?" I asked in a dangerously low tone. Didn't I tell Cheng to take her home?

She flinched at my words. "I-- I came to, you know?-----"  She stuttered but her voice trailed off as she saw Roberto's gun.

I let out a deep breath. She wasn't in her right senses seeing that gun. "Step out for a bit, Roberto." Once he got out of view, I turned to her. "Why did you come here?"

"Th..the m..money." She stuttered. Her face was pale like she was running out of blood.

"What's wrong? Is the money small?" See what I mean? She's just like the rest. She wants more. Every woman in my life wants more.

She put a loose strand of hair behind her ears nervously. That act was so damn innocent. My mind must be playing tricks on me. She's materialistic, right? "As a matter of fact Sir, its too much. Thats why I'm here-----"

I fucking knew my mind was playing tricks. She wasn't like the rest. She was a replica of my perfect princess. Fuck. I have to stop comparing them. No one could be like her. I didn't get her last words. All I noticed was her placing the envelope on the coffee table and turning to leave.

"Don't leave." I more like ordered. I just didn't want her out of my side. Monthilvo's words kept ringing in my head. I just wanted her safe.

Her facial expression changed completely. Her eyes watered. Did I say something wrong? "Please don't kill me sir, I'd leave and never return." She said nervously. Did she really think I'd kill her? She looked like a cat and I couldn't help but laugh out like a maniac.

"Kill you? Why would I kill you?"

She had no words to express herself. I told her I wasn't interested in killing her. I knew she was trying to impress her mother and that money was going to help a great deal. "Keep the money, it's gonna help you and your mother."

She looked shocked at how I knew that. "How'd you know?"

"I own America sweetheart, I know everything that happens."

She nodded silently, as if comprehending what I just said and thinking. She suddenly popped the question I didn't expect from her. "Who are you going to kill?"

I couldn't hold back my irritation. I hate nosey people.  "That's none of your fucking business." I snapped and she flinched again. This time, she took a step back.

Beast. Fucking beast. Are you happy scaring the shit outta her?

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Fine. I'm.... What's the word? Sorry? But I'm not answering your question." I deadpanned.

She looked taken aback by my apology. I was freaking going insane. Since when did I apologize to women? "Please don't do it." I heard her soft voice whisper.

I sat down and face palmed. Why was it so hard? She  always told me not to do it. And now Avatia? Were they twins or something? "I'm getting revenge for what they did to her." I didn't even know when that slipped out.

She kept quiet and I had to look up. Concern was etched all over her face. "What happened? What are you talking about? Who did what to who?"

No. No. I was not about to open up to anyone. Especially not to a 21 year old.  "Just leave Avatia. Leave."

"I can't leave you like this. You can talk to me."

I knew I was going to do something stupid if she pried any further. "Leave goddamit."

She scurried off at my harshness but right now, I couldn't feel anything. She had to leave. She couldn't see me in this fucked up state. I could easily hurt her so leaving was for her own good.

Once Avatia was gone, all the anger and pain kept rushing to me. No fucking person could understand me. I rushed to my bar and took the strongest whisky I had. I opened the bottle and downed the gold liquid. I welcomed the burning sensation in my throat with gratitude.

She was my hope. She brought light to an angry soul like mine. She made the world seem like heaven, instead of the hell I knew it was while growing up. And just when I was finally happy, they took her away. They murdered her in darkness. They fucking killed my princess and my unborn baby. I drank more whisky. They were all going to pay. One by one.

Thoughts of how sweet we were together kept clouding my mind. I didn't realize how painful it was till a tear slipped out. Followed by more. This was the effect she had on me.

I slowly sat on the floor, looking up at the roof. We came this far. We bought this house so we could raise our children here. We worked hand in hand. And just when things were going well, she just had to die. She fucking had to die. More tears slipped out.

I found myself lying on the marbled floor with an almost empty bottle of whisky in my hand, and a tear rolled down my cheek. "I'm so-sorr-y. I'm-m sor-ry. For-forgive me p-princess. I'm so fucking sorry. I couldn't protect you." I kept saying as tears slipped out of my eyes. "Just come back. I'm sorry. Forgive me."

But I knew I was wasting my time. She wasn't coming back. She was gone for good. My princess was gone forever.

I was gonna rip of the flesh of whoever killed her. I was fucking going to chop of their balls and serve it to them for lunch.

More whisky. More and more whisky.

She's gone for good. Stop being a pussy, stand up and kill those arseholes. Those fuckers.

I listened to my mind, but as I kept trying to stand up, it was impossible. I kept falling. They were all going to pay.

Dreidan Mochino Vaughn was going to get his revenge.

And with that. I fell asleep, thinking of my lost family.

________________________________________

To be honest, I cried. Try picturing a grown ass man crying in pain and you'll cry too. 😭😭😭

Follow your writer and vote.

Love,
Thelma❤️