Chapter 35

AVATIA'S POV

I slowly peeked one eye open, then the other. I couldn't sit upright. My neck hurt so much. Memories of last night flashed in my mind. I started panicking. Where am I? I noticed that someone was sitting on the bed I was lying on. Probably Mr. De Luca. Oh my, I hurriedly sat up and relief washed over me when I realized I was in my room. Good grief. I looked to my right and saw him staring at me. He usually had an unreadable expression but what I saw in his eyes, was pure sadness and regret. How did I get out of that place alive? How did he save me with a broken arm? I looked at his arm and realized he'd taken the bandage off. Stubborn guy. But that was the least of my worries. My neck hurt so much. Three days ago, he strangled me and just last evening, that Russian monster did the same. What was up with this mafia men and my neck? I couldn't even turn properly.

"You're awake, finally." His husky voice was so calm. He had an ointment in his palms. "Lie down for a minute." He said and I did just that. He then squeezed some of the ointment onto his fingers and gently massaged my neck. Mmmhhh. He had amazing fingers. He massaged my neck for about five minutes before stopping and I felt a little better.

I tried moving my neck a little. "Thanks for saving me."

He gave me a small smile before taking a teacup, which I hadn't noticed before, and handing it to me. "What's this?"

He shook his head in amusement. "You'll never stop asking me questions, will you? Anyways, it's green tea from Mexico. It's gonna help you get better in an hour's time. Now drink it." He ordered.

Always so bossy. I rolled my eyes and brought the cup to my lips, immediately I tasted the liquid, I gagged.  What in the world? It was disgusting. "What's this? I can't drink it. It taste like poison."

"Hey, don't start again. Drink it. Now." He stated firmly.

I closed my eyes and groaned. "No. It's too bitter. Can't you add some sugar and caramel in it?"

He shook his head. "That's a rare tea. You have to drink it like that if you want to get better. Start drinking it or I'll force you. Do you think you can just add sugar like you did to my coffee months ago?"

Urgghh! Why does he have to be so annoying and remind me of the worst mistake I ever made that put me in this horrible mess. I closed my eyes and brought the cup to my mouth but pulled it back again.

"Avatia Kim." He said in a dangerously low tone. "Drink. Now!"

I groaned and without thinking,  drank the hot liquid. Thank God the cup wasn't full. When I pulled the cup away, I gagged and this time, I almost threw up. What did those Mexicans put in it?

"Don't even think of throwing up. Just be a good girl and sleep for one more hour." He said gently this time.

"But I don't want to sleep again." I whined like a kid.

I could tell he wasn't used to having someone go against him. "Avatia....."

The way he prolonged my name in frustration scared me. "Fine. I'll sleep. But don't think I'm sleeping because of you, I just suddenly feel sleepy."

Girl! You can't even give out a smooth lie!

I saw him smirk a little. "Yeah right. Now sleep." He said as he gently smoothened my hair. Ahh... I always loved it when people touched my hair, it just felt nice and made me drowsy. And now, knowing it was my ever so hot boss doing it, and with the help of his sweet intoxicating smell, I didn't know when I fell asleep.

I got up a few hours later because I really felt hungry. This time, I sat up without feeling any pain. That disgusting tea really helped me. I quickly rushed to my bathroom, brushed my teeth, and took a shower. I wore my pink jumpsuit and tied my hair in a messy bun. I then made my way downstairs, straight to the kitchen. It was empty. Where's Ana? I walked to the fridge and saw a sticky note pasted on it.