Chapter 12

AVATIA'S POV

"I think Mr. Black likes me."

"No freaking way!" Draya and Kenny said in unison. This two hated each other with passion but they always said the same things.

I looked at them seriously. Kenny looked like he had not had a hair cut in two weeks and Draya looked exhausted from work. I was missing out on my friends. "You know what, forget about what I said, tell me all that's been going on."

"Don't be silly. How do you expect us to forget about what you just said?" Kenny asked like it was the most stupid thing he'd ever heard. "Go on, spill. Tell us what made you come to that conclusion. I want the naughty details. Have you guys done it yet? How was it? Is he really big down there?" Kenny was going on and on. I swear, he was insane.

I closed my eyes. "No way. Don't be such a pervert."

"That's basic stuff sweetie." Kenny was at it again. Oh God, how did he ever end up being my cousin.

Draya spanked Kenny's head playfully. "Shut up stupid, you know Ava won't do that. At least not now. Come on Ava, tell us what makes you think your boss likes you. I know I said it but I was just saying it." She said and giggled. "Spill the beans."

Okay, this two always made life easier for me so I told them exactly what happened.

"For fucks sake Avatia, didn't I tell you not to make him know?" Draya was practically yelling while she face palmed.

I covered my face with the cushion. I was ashamed of going against her. I put on my best puppy dog face and a silly smile. "Sorry.... I guess."

Draya looked at me in disbelief. "Sorry won't help, little vixen."

"Can you two just shut up? Clearly Mr. Vaughn has the hots for you. And he cares a lot too. But any kiss on the forehead sends out the message 'I want you.'"

Draya gave him a serious look. "You really are stupid. It means 'I care for you.'"

As the two kept on arguing about what it meant, I suddenly felt something strange inside. I knew this guy was dangerous, yet I couldn't hide my feelings for him. I was falling for my boss. And I was falling hard.

*****

"Wake up lazy baby." That was mom's voice. It seemed like she'd pulled back the curtains as the light seemed to be blinding me.

Oh mom! I turned around and covered my face but mom had different plans. She pulled my comforter and pillow away. "Mom!" I whined but she did not care.

"Get your fine ass up sweetie, we're going grocery shopping. Its Saturday." She said excitedly. She was in a good mood cause she never spoke that way but that wasn't going to make me wake up. I needed the sleep cause I stayed up late thinking about my sexy boss.

"No..... Just go alone." I said tiredly. What is wrong with moms. They're always so energetic.

"I've been working all week sweetie, I just want to spend some time with you. Didn't you miss me?" She asked in an extra sweet voice

Way to prick my conscience mom. "Fine. I'd be ready in an hours time." I said and rolled my eyes.

She shook her head. "Thirty minutes."

"Forty-five." I said back.

She shook her head again. "Thirty minutes."

"Fine. Just leave already." And with that, she left my room. What a way to start my Saturday.

***

So here we are, mom and I, filling a shopping cart with so much grocery.

"Let's get two more packets of this cake mix." Mom said excitedly and I smiled. I really missed this. I missed our bonding time. She's been so busy with work. And me, I've been so busy with lying. I didn't want to think about that right now.

I raised my hands in surrender. "You're the boss here."

She smiled at me. "We'd bake some cakes once we go home, okay?"

"Sure, I'd love that."

We kept on with our shopping with mom having an explanation for everything she put in the cart. It was over flowing and I began to worry about our bill.

"Ava." I heard my name and my heart skipped a bit. That voice belonged to no other than.... "Ava"

Before I could think, he walked up to me and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug irrespective of the fact that mom was standing right by me. "Leo." I managed to say.

He set me free. "Yes angel, its me and only me." Then he turned to mom. "Good morning ma'am. I'm Leo, Ava's friend."

"Hello there young man, its a pleasure to meet you." Mom greeted him with a smile as she turned around and gave me a sly smile and winked.

"The pleasure's all mine." Leo answered smugly.

I exhaled with relief. Thank goodness he didn't say something inappropriate. My friends were all crazy people. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to watch a movie silly. Of course I came to get stuff for the mansion. We're running out." Leo said.

I began to panick. Mom doesn't know anything about the mansion and she couldn't find out just yet. "Oh, that's strange." I couldn't find something reasonable to say. Plus why would he come all the way across the city to buy food stuffs? It didn't make sense but that was the least of my worries.

"We're not exactly running short, Vaughn just likes everything in excess. And before I forget, I think he likes your..... "

"What's that?" I feigned seriousness as I pointed at some random cake mix. I just had to say something to stop him. Mom was looking at us with an amused smile. What was she thinking? That Leo and I are a couple?

Leo turned around and searched for what I was pointing at. "Oh that, I don't know how you don't know but that's cake mix."

I smiled sheepishly and turned to mom. "Do we still have  some other thing we need to get?"

That seemed to take away her interest in us as she looked at her shopping list. "Yes, we still have to buy some canned beef."

I looked at Leo. "We have to get going. See you some other time." I said and pushed the cart. I didn't want him to say any other thing. Poor Leo, he may be thinking that I was ignoring him.

******

Once we got home, mom kept telling me how Leo was good looking and very friendly. I mean she was not wrong but she'd just seen him for barely five minutes. I was quick to divert the topic to cake. Oh mom, she was my personal drama queen.

My phone beeped. I picked it up to see I had 2 messages from a private number. That's strange. I opened it anyways and what I saw made my heart skip twenty kilometers.

~Hi Ava, its Dre. I was wondering if you'll love to go out with me.
                         DMV~

~Its okay if you have other plans.
                DMV~

Was all this a dream? I was just a regular girl, new to this city, yet I was becoming closer and closer to the city's most dangerous man. He even wanted to hang out me. Unbelievable. I was clueless as to what made me courageous but I found myself typing out something.

~Its a wonderful idea sir, I'd love to.
                AH~

I wrote back, making sure not to call him 'Mr. Black' so as not to ruin the mood.

  As soon as my phone signaled a delivery report, another message came in.

~Its okay for you to call me Dre.
                                   DMV~
I smiled as  I read his last message. For a girl who was trying to get rid of a crush, intentions of going out with my smoking hot boss was not helping out.
_______________________________________

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love,
Thelma❤️