Chapter 62

WRITER'S POV

A few days had passed and Grace finally let Draya visit their new home. It had taken a a while for her to come to that decision and after discussing it with Doctor Nathan, they thought it wise for Avatia to meet up with people who could help her.

When Draya came, Avatia didn't recognize her but didn't complain about her presence either. She just watched a strange girl call her 'best friend' and talk non stop. She didn't even remember anything the so called 'best friend' was talking about.

As Draya filled in Avatia on the latest happenings in the university, and Grace baked some butter cookies, doctor Nathan simply stared at the blonde in the room. He forced himself not to think of how breathtakingly beautiful she was or how her breast looked so succulent or even how the blue shade in her eyes shone in the darkness. She was his patient. He couldn't start developing feelings for her. He tried hard to focus on the inspirational book he had in his hands and not make it obvious that he was catching feelings for the depressed girl.

Draya's phone started ringing and all heads turned to look at her.

"Draya honey, phones are not allowed in here. It's not protocol but it's for your friend's good." Grace said from the kitchen.

Draya gave them a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry, I'll just answer this at the balcony then switch it off right after." She said as she picked up the phone and excused herself. She looked at the bright skin. Private Number.

"Why would a private number call me at this hour?" She asked nonchalantly as she closed the door behind her and answered the call. "Hello?"

The person on the other side was quiet.

"Hello?" Draya asked suspiciously. "Who are you?"

Again, she was ignored.

"Asshole." She said and was about to drop the call when the other person finally spoke up.

"Do not hang up, Draya."

She froze when she recognized who was on the other end, the hair on her body standing. She had not heard that voice in a long time. She stepped out of the balcony and walked towards the lake to have some privacy.

****

"You took quite some time outside, who called?" Grace asked as she served everyone with some warm milk and freshly baked cookies.

Draya tried to hide her uneasiness. "Umm, my dad. Wanted to be sure you all were okay. He sends his love and the quickest recovery to you, bestie." She said as she looked at Avatia, her heart still pounding from the phone call and hoping her lie sounded true.

"You look pale, honey, is everything alright?" Grace asked. Coincidentally, it was the same question going through everyone's mind.

"No, uhhh...I mean yes. Yeah...everything's fine. The cookies smell heavenly." She said as she picked up one and started chewing. "It taste even better. Mhmmm."

Grace smiled proudly. "Thank you, my dear." She then turned to her daughter. "Sweetheart, do you like it?"

Avatia who had been chewing on one nodded. "Its good." She said casually.

"You've been quiet, is everything alright?" Doctor Nathan asked Avatia. He'd noticed that even before Draya had stepped out to answer the call, Avatia had been quiet.

Avatia looked up at him. "I'm good. Just tired. I'll just finish this then go to bed."

"Can I sleep in Avatia's room tonight?" Draya asked Grace and the doctor, looking at her friend. "That's if you don't mind." She said the last one to her friend.