Chapter 43

Writer's POV

While Avatia sat reminiscing the kiss, her best friend, all the way in New York city was having an interesting conversation with her. Or so did Draya think.

"I miss you so much girl, I can't wait for you to get back from Ohio. Our dorm room feels so empty without you." Draya pressed the send button and a reply came in no time.

"Don't worry Dray, I'll be back on Sunday evening. I bought you so many things." The person who had Avatia's phone replied.

Draya smiled as she grabbed more chocolate chips and stuffed it in her mouth. "Of course, were you even planning on flying back here empty handed? Don't even think or I'll send you back. I really feel bad that we can't have our FaceTime session. You better change your phone before coming back."

And as always, a quick reply came back. "I'm gonna get a new phone before I come back. I miss you so much sis."

"I miss you more honey bunch. GTG, my class starts in twenty minutes." Draya pressed the send button again and kept her phone aside. She missed her best friend every single day despite the fact that they sent messages to each other everyday. Well, that's what Draya thought. This was the similar case with Kenny. He always received messages from 'Avatia' every single day and they would chat for long. But face timing was never possible. The person who had Avatia's phone was that smart.

***

AVATIA'S POV

Today was Saturday already and from what I knew, I was going to go back to New York tomorrow morning. Ana told me she'd taken the day off so that we could go out before I traveled. How sweet. I couldn't wait to go back to the people I cherished the most. I couldn't wait to see my mom. I smiled to myself as I wore my peach colored jumpsuit.

"I really want us to go to the beach. After we're done from the mall though." Ana said as she did her makeup.

I turned and smiled at her. "I'll love that too. That way, you can flaunt your flawless caramel skin."

Ana laughed out loud. "Caramel skin, yes. But flawless?" She laughed again. "I don't think so. I do have stretch marks on my thighs but I don't give a flying fuck, I'm wearing my sexy bikini."

I laughed. "You're really a case Ana. I'm gonna miss you so much when I leave. I'll take your number when I'm going, okay?"

Ana looked at me from head to toe and raised her brows. "Were you planning on leaving without taking my number in the first place?" She asked, causing me to laugh so hard.

*****

DREIDAN'S POV

I looked at my Rolex and sighed at what Roberto was telling me. I was pissed. Apparently, they'd caught Garret Monthilvo but he was claiming innocent about the kidnap of Grace. Plus some random fucker bought all of the new merchandise that just hit the market. The latter was not really a problem as I was gonna get the merchandise immediately I land in New York. The former was the problem. If Garret was innocent, then it only meant one thing. I had an unknown enemy from afar and that was really dangerous. I had to track down this person before he or she hurt Avatia. She was the main target and I knew that clearly. If not, why would someone kidnap her mom? Without her knowledge, she was already wanted by another mafia group.

I pressed my fingers on my temple. This was not good. I had to leave for New York as soon as possible.

*****

AVATIA'S POV

Ana was hell bent on me buying everything in the mall. We'd just finished buying some jean skirts and pants when we decided to have lunch. I don't know why I felt like someone was following us. I looked behind but saw no one suspicious. Maybe I'm just tired, and hallucinating. Yeah. Maybe.