Chapter 41

A big shoutout to my girl, @whore4MrStyles for the amazing cover she made. Thank you girl🤗

AVATIA'S POV

It was past ten in the morning and despite the fact that Ana was keeping me company and we were talking about Italian dishes, I couldn't stop myself from wondering where he was. His breakfast was going to get cold.

"Hello, earth to Ava. What's up with you girl? You look worried."

Was it that obvious? I scratched my forehead and smiled nervously. "Why isn't he down for breakfast yet?"

Ana's lips formed an 'o'. "You know, that actually crossed my mind. Why don't you go and check on him." She suggested and I blushed. Know why? Cause I'm going to be the first person he's going to see today.

I nodded and walked away. Is he still asleep? Maybe he spoke with Jade all night and is exhausted now. I frowned at the thought.

When I reached his door, my heartbeat increased. I raised my hands and knocked three times. No response. Might be deep asleep. I knocked again and got no response so I slowly opened the door. The room was so dark and I ran my fingers across the wall to find a switch. Good for me, I found one. I gasped at the sight before me. There he was, wrapped in his white duvet, shivering and looking pale.

Without thinking twice, I rushed to his side, and placed my palms on his forehead. He was burning. A fever perhaps. "Oh my goodness Dre, what's wrong? You look sick. We need to rush you to the hospital."

He tried to deny by shaking his head but stopped because it probably hurt.

I hushed him. "Don't you try to say no, boss. We need help." I said as I took off the duvet.

My eyes widened when I noticed what was causing him so much pain and the high fever. His gunshot wound looked terribly infected and his arm was swollen. "Oh my goodness, Dre, we need to rush you to the hospital. Let me go call Ana." I said and stormed off without waiting for him to protest.

I ran as fast as I could to the kitchen. "Ana, Ana we need to take Dre to the hospital. His wound is so infected, he needs proper medical treatment. Let's go now." I said pulling a confused Ana along.

Ana gasped when she saw his arm. "The fuck!"

I cringed at her language. Nevertheless, we both helped him sit up.

"I'm fine. You girls worry a lot. Besides I can't go to the hospital. I'm a wanted man." He tried to explain, groaning in pain.

Ana rushed out and came back in no time with a big bag. "Ava go pick out an outfit for him while I wear him some makeup to disguise." She said, panicking. "His wound looks horrible. I thought you stitched it."

I nodded in fear. Oh my goodness, I probably didn't stitch it well, what if it's that bad and he needs to get amputated? Hell no! To distract myself, I rushed to his closet. As expected, it was full of black clothes and a few grey ones. I took a black shirt and matching pants. I rushed out and saw that Ana was doing a great job. I barely recognized my perfect boss. She'd even worn him a strawberry blonde wig. Once we were done helping him, we rode to the hospital. The nurse told Ana and I to wait outside.

I was loosing my mind. I was the cause of all this. Maybe I didn't treat the wound well that was why it was infected. "Oh Ana, I'm so worried. What if the infection is so bad?"

Ana hugged my shivering body. "I know you're scared because you think you're the cause of the infection but don't be, we're at the best hospital and he's gonna get better in no time."